Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was recently poking around on www.stampington.com 's website and saw an interesting new magazine so ordered it. It came this week and I finally had a chance to look at it tonight. WOW!!!

This is the magazine:
WWC_1108_lg.jpg

Where Women Create is full of wonderful stories by artists of all mediums with tons of photos of their workspaces and oodles of great ideas! It's just so inspiring! We, as right-brained creative types, have so much in common with artists in concentrations other than teddy bears. It's so much fun to hear their stories and see where they create!

As with all of Stampington's publications like Art Doll Quarterly, this magazine is top notch all the way!!! If you want something fun and inspiring to read I highly recommend it!! You can order it here: http://www.stampington.com/html/woman_c … ng_09.html

I'm off to pour another cup of tea and dive back into these pages of creative heaven!!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Daphne!
Thanks so much! I just placed an order for my subscription. I appreciate the link. Although I'm not a Teddy Bear Artist just a mere collector I hope to someday give making one a try. I love the Stampington publications and have bought many of their magazines.
Thanks again! I can't wait for mine to come. bear_original

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I've been meaning to ask if anyone had seen this magazine yet.... I've been interested in it since they announced it in their newsletter. It's great to see that you love it Daphne, I might crack and order it now.
      Of course with Stampington's shipping it's more 'economical' if I order three magazines at once cos they pop them into a flat rate envelope, what an excuse huh  bear_whistle  Love their magazines, very inspirational!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Karen - I got "Stuffed" and "Art Doll Quarterly" too!! I just couldn't help myself. I've stopped reading books because I get too "into" them and can't put them down which results in lots of time snuggled under the quilts cuddling with the dogs and reading but NO bears get made! However I consider these magazines a creative aid and so allow myself to indulge!!!

Cyndee... there is nothing 'mere' about bear collectors!!! Where would we, as artists, be without people just like you??? :hug: You will love this magazine and it just might inspire you to take an adventure to bear making land!!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I haven't seen it yet, Daphne, and we were just at the bookstore yesterday. I want to take a look at it, too. Thanks.

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

OOOOHHHH!!! I'm going to have to order it.  Then I'll REALLY drive Jack crazy about my studio!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I better avoid this magazine because I've been wanting to do some redecorating of my entire house...I don't think this will help.   :crackup:   :crackup:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I saw the Creative Blogging one too, they do look good. Anyone know where to get them from in the UK?

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Yes me too...I want to get one here in UK...?
Lynne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

In looking at their website I don't see a listing of shops where you can buy their publications but you can purchase the magazine direct from their website as they do ship internationally.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Barnes &  Noble sells them...at least the one here does.  I purchased several of their magazines from there and a local art shop now that I think of it.

I should just get a subscription to the ones I really like...instead of buying them at the stand. Silly me.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I'm so going to have to treat myself!  bear_tongue

Sudey Sudey Babes
Northeast Ohio

Ooooooo. I love finding wonderful links like this!
Love it, ordered some and THANK-YOU!!!!

(by the way, for those who haven't ordered yet... for a 10% discount type in this promo code WWC03009 )

(I adore creative women...grin. We are such Goddesses aren't we? lolol)
Peace,
Sudey

karenaus Melbourne
Website
Amanda wrote:

I saw the Creative Blogging one too, they do look good. Anyone know where to get them from in the UK?

We can get them in Borders here in Australia, but it works out cheaper to get them direct specially if you get a few magazines at the same time and they post it in a flat rate Global Priority envelope, usually I get about three at a time, and the $11.50 or whatever is much less painful divided by three;)
    All their magazines are such wonderful eye candy! bear_wub

karenaus Melbourne
Website
Daphne wrote:

Karen - I got "Stuffed" and "Art Doll Quarterly" too!! I just couldn't help myself. I've stopped reading books because I get too "into" them and can't put them down which results in lots of time snuggled under the quilts cuddling with the dogs and reading but NO bears get made! However I consider these magazines a creative aid and so allow myself to indulge!!!

Cyndee... there is nothing 'mere' about bear collectors!!! Where would we, as artists, be without people just like you??? :hug: You will love this magazine and it just might inspire you to take an adventure to bear making land!!

Ah I had my eye on Stuffed too... is it full of really really strange looking things? I'd love to have it for Lisa's story but some of the other stuff looks a bit strange for my tastes lol, and there's always a huge list of magazines that I want from them bear_grin
     I too love their magazines for creative inspiration- even a colour combination in a photo can spark something off. They are such beautiful magazines. Oh and I also love using the 'artist papers' in Somerset Studio to make patterns for my little bears, nice firm paper like light card, just perfect! bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Daphne,
      I just got to a Michaels store today and they had ALL of the Stampington magazines.  I looked through them all, while hubby tapped his toes, waiting for me  bear_grin   I could have spent a fortune, but did pick up "Where Women Create" - what a fabulous magazine.  We are visiting friends as we speak and my girlfirend was with me - I introduced her to all the different ones, and I think she's hooked.

hugs,

Brenda

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I think I need to rob a bank for all the subscriptions I want.. heehee. I think I should start asking for them as gifts. That sounds like a great inspiring magazine... I just might have to order that one bear_laugh

Hugs,
Melanie

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Ohh Daphne,
Just bear_wub this magazine, have put my order in for a few titles to make it worth the $$ for postage.
As a matter of fact I'll be taking the link down to the local quality craft shop and suggesting they get a few in to really enlighten people about what is possible.
Thanks for sharing one of your "inspiration" sources!
Cheers
Mel

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yay!! Glad you all are as excited about it as I am!!!! I'm almost half way through it.... devouring every word of every story. The Editor's letter at the beginning had me hooked!!! And some of the women featured in the winter issue are famous in the art world so it was fun to peek into their personal spaces!!

In the US: AC Moore carries most of the Stampington magazines as well as Borders and the places mentioned above. Those of you in other countries - interesting to know it's cheaper to buy direct!!! Thank you for that info!!

Karen - Stuffed is full of critters that are quite 'funky' and 'quirky'.... cute and furry would not describe them. Its interesting to flip through! I got it because my dear friend Lisa is in it.... otherwise I might have just looked through it at the craft shop and left it there. I'm sure it's a great magazine and very inspiring to artists who are into that style of fiber craft. Just not my thing. To be fair I have only looked at the photos thus far... I will certainly take the time to read it... just as soon as I'm done with Where Women Create!!!
bear_grin

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I ordered mine today too.  And I ordered Stuffed too!  I can't wait! bear_original

Thanks Daphne for the tip on this cool mag!
Joan

Murrieta, California

If you call the 1 800 number they will tell you where you can buy copies closes to you. UK, USA wherever. They are very helpful.  For me Barnes and Noble carry the best selection but since I'm not always well enough to drive I just went ahead and ordered a subscription. Now I think I will go back and check out the "Stuffed' magazine. I haven't seen that one!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I've wanted to order these for ages too!  Our dollar rate is sooo bad tho, but....with my impulse buying, I'll probably have them ordered by tonight lol

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Dee!  bear_flower
Yup, Where Women Create is a fabulous magazine.  Did you know there's a book that was the catalyst for the magazine?  It's the same title. 
bear_original  bear_original
Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

I picked up a copy in Chapters...it's pricey, but well worth it! What an inspiring magazine, I had a hard time putting it down!  bear_wub

Murrieta, California

Thanks Aleta!
I just ordered the book from Amazon!
It looks great! Can't wait to get it too! bear_rolleyes

Board footer