Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

cornflakegirl Potsdam, NY
Website

tt.jpgHi everyone,  I have finally decided to give mohair and glass eyes a try after working with faux fur all along.  I thought I'll try the cheaper upholstery mohair first.  It actually isn't hard to sew and turn at all than I expected.  It just takes tons of fiberfill and still leaves lots of wrinkles.
bear_angry 
Is there something I can do to make the wrinkles disappear or less obvious
Here is a pic of the dog I made, it was meant to be a Weimaraner, not Shai Pei.  :redface: 
Thanks ahead for your advice!   

Yi

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Personally i love the wrinkles!  have you tried using plastic pellets which will reduce the amount of fibrefill and may also reduce the wrinkles.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I love the wrinkles too!  I've used this type of mohair before and the way to avoid wrinkles is more stuffing!  Small amounts, packed reasonably firmly and evenly distributed should do the trick.

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I agree, i like the wrinkles, it gives the puppy a young look.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Adorable puppy,  I too love the wrinkles,  I guess when using this fabric you will have to stuff firmer for no wrinkles.  I have some upholstery mohair at home here.  It is very dense, and that makes the fabric feel thicker and stiffer than regular mohair which is usually (not always) supple.
Joanne

FrizzyBear New York

I think his wrinkles are adorable~!  He has very cute eyelids. 

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I have to agree with the other, his wrinkels ARE adorable- and his face as well. bear_wub

Bramblewoodbears Bramblewood Bears
Brooklyn, Washington

Great dog!  The wrinkles do look intentional so that is at least a comfort knowing they don't look bad!  He is one cute boy!
STUFF STUFF STUFF and STUFF some more!  Good thin fiber fill is not too expensive....I go through it like mad!

:hug:
Tomi

cornflakegirl Potsdam, NY
Website

THANK YOU all! I'll definitely try more stuffing and plastic pallets  with the one I'm working on!

Hugs,
Yi

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I really love the wrinkles too but if you feel they need to go, redesign your pattern to include curved darts (that would most likely be placed at the leg, hip and shoulder areas).

Board footer