Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So, I tried the blog thing last year.... but it just didn't happen. Then I forgot my log in info so when I wanted to post to it I couldn't!  :doh:

So now I have a new blog. I'm no graphic design expert and HTML scares the poo out of me but after a few late nights I managed to create my own background and have started adding blog links, etc. Still have a ways to go but thought I'd get your feedback as I can only view it on my computer here at home so don't know if it all fits/looks ok on other computers.

Check it out here: http://www.fortheloveofteddy.blogspot.com

And let me know what you think and/or if you'd like me to put a link to your blog on mine!

Thanks!
:hug:

UPDATE: I've redone the whole thing as some people were having trouble seeing the sides of my background on their monitor. I'm hoping I've made it more viewer friendly no matter what your screen settings are! Let me know! I've also added another colomn and if I'm not careful I'll be learning HTML code w/out even knowing it! Scary!

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I think it looks great Daphne, now you've made me feel like the odd one out. Looks like I'm going to have to take the plunge! My attempts at diary keeping in the past have been dismal to say the least, but maybe a blog will do it for me......... bear_original  bear_original

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

This time write your info down, silly Dee!!  I just changed my link......had to copy the recipes for the pies though first!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Is anyone seeing it with the bear and word tags on the sides cut off? I've had a report from one person who is seeing it that way. And I dont' know how to fix it.

bear_cry

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
Daphne wrote:

Is anyone seeing it with the bear and word tags on the sides cut off? I've had a report from one person who is seeing it that way. And I dont' know how to fix it.

:cry:

Looks great to me! But I have a very wide screen. Nice work Daphne!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Looks great to me, too, Daphne.  Nice custom template!  I like it a lot.

I updated your link on my blog (I still had your original there). 

Thanks for having me, on yours!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne wrote:

:cry:

Me . . . the left side is cut off.  When I click to restore the page to full size, it shows some (but not all) of the left side.  I'm sure someone will know what to do.   :hug:  :hug:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

It looks fine to me Daphne you have done a great job

Hugs
Raewyn

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

It's cut off for me too...but I'm sure it's just my little ol' puter.   bear_flower

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb Great job and I left a comment on your blog and it all looks fine on my monitor. You can link me to your blog and I will be adding yours to mine  bear_original

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

It is cut off for me too. I am using firefox...don't know if that makes a difference or not. I do love your graphics though. I haven't tried to change any graphics except the header.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Check again and tell me if it's any better... just made changes. Sue Ann, do you use Firefox? It was originally cut off for Laura Lynn and she uses FireFox too. Is that a common prob. with Firefox?

Thanks, Lyn! Will add you!

Gotta get back to bears one of these days!! LOL!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Looks great Daphne! I'd love to exchange blog links with ya. I'll do that tomorrow. I am off to bed.

Hugs!
Melanie

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Daphne,
It looks great.  Wish I would get my behind in gear and get all the bells and whistles.  I have Firefox and it is fine on my computer.
Bear Hugs,
Donna

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hi Daphe,

Your blog is looking great  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I've added your link onto my blog :)

Hugs
Janice

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I have added you to my blog, great look bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

It looks lovely Daphne!  Great work!  I've added you to my blog and thank you for your link to mine.  Delighted to see you've uploaded to 100 Best Bear Blogs too! bear_thumb

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Hi Daphne, It is still cut off on the left for me. I opened explorer and it was cut off there too. Don't know why it is ok for some and not others.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks for checking Nancy. Wish I knew what to do.  bear_ermm

Thank you all for having a peek and exchanging links!!! I'm off to add those of you above!

Ginie-Lee Hug A Bye Bears

Hi Daphne,

Your blog looks great, well done , have added you to my blog,

Hugs Ginie-Lee

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Daphne, both sides are cut off for me.  I use Firefox.  I'd like to exchange links. I will add yours to my blog.

Thanks.

Peggy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne, I use Internet Explorer . . . not sure what the problem could be.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I use Firefox and have a huge, wide monitor.  It looks great on my screen.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks again for the feedback and adding me to your blogs... I'll get to those of you who have added me later tonight.

And Shel & Sue Ann... thanks for the input! Laura Lynn and I have been discussing this and we (I should say SHE) determined that it has to do with what people have their screen resolution set at vs. the size of the page background image I designed. (The higher the screen resolution - which you can adjust in your computers control panel under settings or display settings - the more you can see on the screen.) So, now I'm working on a different way to do this so that screen resolution won't matter. I hate this stuff! No wonder I never get bears made!!

S.Reetz Bears Kenosha Wisconsin

Hi Daphne,I think your blog looks fantastic,great job!I wish I had  the knack  for that type of work but I don't! It took me 5 hours of fiddling around just to use a pre-made template  for mine lol.I will be sure to add you to my bloglist right away bear_original ~~~Sharie

Board footer