Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Like so many others, I've redone my website, finishing just last night after a long design process.  This redo is an itch I need to scratch from time to time; I think all of us artistically-inclined folk feel that same creative discontent driving our actions from time to time.  I sure do!

Anyhoos... Give my site a peek if you have a minute, and do let me know if there are any broken links.  I tested it pretty thoroughly, but I'm human, and make mistakes.  It's the most visually ambitious website design I've done to date, and I tried to work pretty without losing efficiency or ease of navigation.  I'd love your feedback.

Also... You might notice I keep my links on my blog instead of on my website.  That's because it's just plain easier to keep a blogroll up to date than a web page.  If you'd like to appear on my blogroll, please visit my blog at www.potbellyarts.typepad.com and look under BEARS to see if I've got you listed already.  If not, please post HERE at TT, in this thread, with your first name and blog address.  I'll add you to my blog, in exchange for an add of my information to your own blog or website.

Please note I prefer to add your blog address when possible but if you don't blog, I'd be happy to add your website instead.  I don't post links listing email addresses; that protects you from spam.

My info is:

Use what you like, part or all.

Thanks, all!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Hi Shelli,  I love the look of your new website.  It's very easy to navigate and all the links worked for me.  You can add my link if you like.  You're on my website links page, I'll add yours to my blog too.

Patty - http://www.swanvalleybears.blogspot.com

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shelli
     I'd love to add you to my links - both web site and blog.  If you like, you can add my blog:  www.duffyantiques.blogspot.com   No point in adding my website - it's not being used.

hugs,

Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Patty -- See, that's what I mean about being human and making mistakes!  You're of course one of my favorite peeps anywhere and someone I know in REAL LIFE which isn't true of most of my linked friends, but somehow I missed getting you on my blogroll.  Blarg!  Thanks for speaking up; I'll get you on there right now.

And thanks for the kindness about the site.  It was a lot of work, but I like how it turned out.  It's always nice to hear others do, too...

Brenda, you're already on my blog link list.  Look under:  Brenda | duffyantiques  Thanks for the link exchange!

Shelli - thanks for having my blog on your list!  I don't know how I missed putting you on my links bear_wacko   I've added both your website and blog  now.  Have as super weekend.

hugs,

Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oh, no worries.  I can hardly keep it straight myself, seriously.  Appearances possibly to the contrary, I'm actually more a paper-and-pencil girl.  It's hard for me to get as abstract as the digital world requires without screwing up, sometimes badly.  See "Patty oversight" as example.  lol... bear_original

Thanks for you graciousness, Shelli.  I loooove your new website, by the way.  The links are great and it's soooo easy to navigate!

hugs,

Brenda

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Looks great Shelli, your creative juices are always flowing  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

The new web site looks wonderful Shelli ,
love the colours you have used and the frames for your pictures . found it very easy to use .
hugs,
Louise xx

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I loved the whole look too. The colours work very well and the style really suits your work. Can I be added too?
Amanda http://pandypotter.blogspot.com/ you are already on mine.

I know what you mean about it being easier to keep the Blog going. I've now linked my website to the Blog pages for Gallery, sales etc, so much easier on the Blog.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love your new website Shelli-it showcases your bears beautifully bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Please could you swap blog links with me
My link is http://laurieloubears.blogspot.com/
Thanks
Laurie :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Your new website is beautifully designed, Shelli . . . so much like you.  I don't have a blog, but would appreciate a link to my website - www.pasttimebears.com - and I will change the one I have for you on my links to Potbelly Arts.  I still have you as Potbelly Bears.  Your talents are flourishing, my friend.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Samantha -- You were already on my blog but the link by your name went to a different blog than the one you list above.  Anyway, I changed it.

Sue Ann --  :redface:  :doh:  :redface:   How did I overlook YOU, girl?  And Judi, too (whom I've also added.)  Criminies.  I remember that, way back when I first established my TypePad blog, I asked people here at TT to link exchange, and if people didn't do it proactively at that time by commenting on that thread, they didn't get listed, because I was too stinking lazy to compare lists from before and after.  Anyway, I hope you realize this was me being lazy and dumb and nothing more.  Yeesh.  (embarrassed)

Laurie -- Got you!  Thanks!

Elaine, Louise -- Thank you very much for the kind compliments, and for testing out a link or two.  It feels good. bear_original

Sudey Sudey Babes
Northeast Ohio

Holy Creativity, Batman (grin...am I aging myself here?) this is a wonderful blog. I would be thrilled to swap links with you and thank-you for offering!
my bear blog is http://sudeybabes.blogspot.com
my Wandering Goddess blog is http://vintageqtpie.blogspot.com

I'd love to add you links to both my blog and my website (www.dreamakers2.net)

Your creativity in design is inspiring :)
~Sudey

Board footer