Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congratulations on your great work everyone, they are all lovely bears.  :clap:

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

HOPPITY-72-res.jpg

Here is my entry for the Artist friends category. I've seen some of the entries and the standard is sooooo high.
Nevermind I'll keep trying !!
Here is Hoppity

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm so pleased you have all decided to share your wonderful entries - thank you! bear_flower   The quality of work this year has been outstanding and no-one should feel downhearted with the competition results. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

By the way Karen, your vignette is beautiful, you truly don't need a nomination to keep it ... I often wish I had kept one or two special pieces over the years, but I find myself in 2009 after many years of bear smithing with not one bear of my own design in my collection.  Please don't live to regret parting with your special piece! :hug:

puca bears puca bears

I meant to put mine here yesterday - ie wait for himself to retrieve the pics from his very complicated filing system!
But then i fell asleep , and only woke enough to drag myself off to bed.........must have been TIRED............
bot OMG, there are some stunning bears here, each of which is an absolute winner!
huggies
Maria

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Congratulations to all your bears are wonderful they are all winners in my eyes I entered but can not open list in my emails!!!  This Willow who I entered hugs Sue  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub willow.jpg

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

They are all lovely pieces and well worthy of being winners too bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

I just wanted to say How  wonderful it has been to see all the entries, even the ones not nominated.  Fantastic work and you should all be proud of your Artistry!!!
Some were just breathtaking!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Congratulations to you all for making such beautiful bears!!!! bear_thumb
They are absolutely outstanding!!! Not nominated but great!  bear_thumb
Don't be to sad and try again next year or another competition, a different jury might judge differently.
The best example is my "Wilbaerle":  I had already entered him in the EURO-Teddy last year in October where he was NOT nominated and now he received an Industry's Choice Award!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

sedona-small-4.jpgHer is Sedona, entered her is small dressed... oh well..
Joanne

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

WOW !! What incredible creations that each deserve to be recognized.  I think it would be awesome to see tham all in the magazine too.  Well done everyone.  They are winning creations in my eyes.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Gosh the standard of entries is sooo incredibly high. I can't believe that these didn't make it. They are all so wonderful. Well done everyone for making such breathtaking creations.  :clap:  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Oh MY GOSH everyone's work is beautiful!! I find it hard to believe many of these fabulous bears weren't nominated as they are gorgeous! My eyes popped out my head when I saw them thinking THAT didn't get nominated?!?!? 
I applaud all the non nominated. Your bears are Fabulous  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Beth

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Paula,
Actually I did show the vignette at the "Bearly a Memory" Show, but afterwards I kept him in my studio for company. I know what you mean! I very seldom keep any of my pieces  bear_sad  I believe the piece that is entered in the TOBY must be up for sale so "The Cat and The Fiddle" was and will be up for sale. I'm planning on bringing him to the TBAI Show where the TOBY Awards will be in August.
The theme has to do with music this year so he'll be among fellow musicians  bear_thumb
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

OMG  Karen are you really going to come to TBAI, honestly and truly  wooohooo.  See now you've gone and got me all excited and there's still six and a half months to go before the show drats.  I can't wait to see you again, it's been way to long .

big hugs

Shane

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Seeing all these INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL  non-nominated creations really does make it seem such a shame that they can't be published in the magazine as well along with the nominated ones - they deserve to be seen. Thank you everyone for posting them here so at least those of us on TT can see them. The standards just seem to keep getting higher every year!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh what a treat to see these gorgeous bears everyone, they all deserve awards, just beautiful  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Gorgeous creations everyone!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub
Wow.... I would not want to be a judge and have to choose. It must be very hard to pick from so many amazing pieces. They are all beautiful!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

kassie

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

And these are the entries which didn't make it????

How clever are all of you - these entries are all brilliant - no wonder the judges had a hard time in their selection.  Glad it wasn't me!

Well done to all of you - you are all winners in my opinion!

Marg  bear_original

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

bearkidz-emma-copy.jpgHere is a picture of my crocheted bear. Emma was entered in the nontraditional category and didn't make it. Well, there is always next year.

Congratulations to all the winners and to all others for making such wonderful bears!  :clap:  :clap:

bearhugs,

Marion bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Wow!!!  Your work is outstanding!  :clap:   I too would like to see all the bears entered in the competition in the magazine.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my GOSH!!!!  All these bears and friends are fabulous!  I too am glad that I was not a judge.  How difficult those decisions must have been when these bears were not chosen.

puca bears puca bears

OK - here's mine - neither new - Torngasuk, the polar, who recently won a TITA 2009

torngasuk_0009.JPG

and the Red Baron, who managed a BBAA nomination........

baron_0050_650.jpg

I did spend a lot of time working on a new bear for the TOBYs - but he refused to cooperate, and now sits in a corner, ignoring me! Such is life - I'll NEVER figure out these competitions! Last year, i worked so hard on a special piece, which sank without trace, and put in a second bear almost as an afterthought - and he won..............
but OMG, there are so many wonderful bears here, which are ALL winners :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
huggies
Maria

Board footer