Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Ok, here goes... Because of living in funny places, and not being able to get stuff. I stuffed a mini with cotton wool.....  :redface:  :redface:  But it works..... is there anything wrong with that? I have just spent ages reading the old posts on stuffing and although there are some odd things, I don't find anything about cotton wool, either for or against.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

There is nothing wrong with using cotton wool as a stuffing, Carolynn!  bear_grin  It packs really tightly so is great if you want a really firmly stuffed bear, but because of the firmness I found it a bit harder to do the facial features - eyes and embroidery etc. so don't use it often.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Carolynn,

I've used the cotton wool for stuffing but like Edie said find it very hard to do the facial features. Now I only use the cotton wool for my crocheted minis as I don't have as much trouble with the faces and the thread jointing seems to be tighter.

Hugs,

Board footer