Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pipa UK

Hi Girls, Just a quick note I'm going to be gone for a week or so, my Sis is going into hospital to have an operation and they've said she will be in for a week, urgh! so I'm going to paint the interior of house for my Ma while they aren't in it and im going to be real busy back and forth to the hospital taking supplies in and thier dirty washing out etc etc every day, so i doubt i will get much computer time ! So se you in a weeks time.  i dread to think how many posts i will miss, i've come to really enjoy popping in here everyday and seeing what everyone is upto !! you are great for the spirit you lot  :lol:

:hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

All my best wishes for your sister Pipa!  Don't worry, we'll catch you up when you are back! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Wishing your sister a successful op and speedy recover, Pipa! Sounds like she has a great family to lean on  bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

All the best

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

We will miss you Pipa   :(
bear_flower Speedy recovery for your sis  bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Pipa, you are a great daughter and sister!!  Look after yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll miss you and look forward to your return!

Danni

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Take it easy Pipa! i hope that your sister will be fine and that you will manage to have some free time for yourslef!   :rose:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Good for you, Pipa, looking after your Mom and Sis so well! We'll miss you, girl!  :hug:

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I hope you have a great break from straining your eyes reading all these posts...no only joking! I hope your sister does well with her operation and gets well very soon. When your done painting your Mum's house maybe you could jump in your car an come paint my house too!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin Oh, yeh there's always plenty of washing too...five adults and three dogs loads of washing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent

Jane

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Pipa . . . much luck to your sister and hope she has a fast recovery.  You are a very helpful, generous lady!  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Will miss you Pipa, you take care of you and yours, and don't forget us when you get back!!

xx

Pipa UK

Hi Everyone, yay finally back !! took a bit longer than i anticipated but im back at long last !! not sure how much time i will get to nip in everyday though right now, My sis is out of hospital after the op. only it looks like she has an infection in the wound. so it's off to the docs on monday for him to take a look and see what he thinks !!

Whew i feel like ive missed ALOt. havent been able to sew in weeks which is depressing lol, not to worry though, it's giving my wrist a break aswell since my own hospital appt for my wrist is in 9 days !! ohh yipiee im so excited i  cant wait ! :)

Big Hugs. good to be back  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Wellcome back!
I hope your sister's wound will heal quickly...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi Pipa, great to see you again! I hope you sister will be ok, and that it's not infected. Good idea to get it checked out by the doc though.

As for not sewing bears - just think of all that creativity you'll be storing up! It'll all come pouring out when you can get to your needles...and we'll look forward to seeing the results!

Take care  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So glad you're back, Pipa . . . and hope your sis will be okay!

Pipa UK

Thanks girls bear_original i hope so too. it's not looking too grand at the moment the wound on her stomach , it's got gunk coming out of it and it's all red around it so it sure does look infected to me, we will see what the Doc says bear_original

i wanna SEW!! i miss it so badly. i havent got ANY time though right now whatsoever so it will be ages before i pick up my needles again.. ah well guess i will just have to do some collecting for a while hee hee !! actually it's done me abit of good my wrist & arm has been alot better since i stopped so it's not all bad bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Pipa,

I hope your sister feels better soon and they can fix her wound.  I'm glad your arm and wrist are feeling better.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Welcome back Pipa. Thanks for sharing your news with us, hope your Sis is feeling much better soon  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome back Pipa.
I hope that your Sister is feeling better now and that the infection is all sorted out.
How did the painting of your Mums house go, did you get it all finished?
Also I hope that your wrist is a whole lot better so that you will be able to make more Bears.

Hugs
Carolyn

Pipa UK

Hi Carolyn bear_original The nurse has given some cream to put around the wound to see if it will help stop the skin getting so red !!

I didn't get all of the painting done but i got alot of it done.I just need to paint her bedroom ceiling and the upstairs hallway and 1 of the other bedrooms then it's all done yipieeee !!!!!  :lol:

my appt. for my wrist is tuesday so im really hoping something will be done this time but i wont count my chickens ! Lol bear_original

BIG HUGS!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Pipa, glad your sister has some more medication for the wound - I tend to get poisoned wounds whenever I hav eahd to get stitches - so I feel for her - but oh how lucky she is to have you
Not forgetting the wonderful painting work you are doing - (oh how much is your hourly rate?? lol!!)
Anwyay hope the docs goes well for you and there is improvement on your own wrist - looking forward to seeing more furries in the future :thumbsup:
:hug: :hug:
Anne

Pipa UK

Hi anne !! thanks so much ! hourly rate.. oh my.. that would be £0.00p LOL But then my Ma has given me her whole life bringing me up so that's payment enough ;)

It's horrible when you get infected wounds, we actually asked for the GP yesturday (friday)  to check it out. her wound looks like it is weeping gunk that it shouldnt be,  and he wouldn't come (my sister is disabled and terminally ill, she cant walk so we need house visits from the GP)..told us to call the emergency out of hour doctors if we needed to.. it was 3:30pm on a friday afternoon and he wouldnt come.. So now we have to wait until monday before we can get the GP as you know there is none over the weekend and where i live we cant get the out of hours Or get to a walk in centre bear_sad

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Pipa, just caught this thread as I am behind and have just been skimming once a week...but so sorry to hear about your sis...oh it is so heartbreaking isn't it...I really think it is easier to be ill yourself than watch someone you love suffer....esp a sis that you've protected all your life...(if you are a big sis ;))
take care of yourself and hope your wrist heals...and your sisters wound too...
we call our mum Ma too...thought that was a cute similarity...and your mum must look after your sister.  It is a hard job even tho I am the person being cared for..i know it is difficult on them...your mum must feel truly blessed to have you...just hearing about you wanting to fix the house up shows how thoughtful and loving you are...
take care hon
xox sarah

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhh now I get it.....I didn't go far enough down the blue squares .....Ok  so your sis needs to shave her legs....the nurses wont even be looking at you darling, but the docs might!

I am so glad it isn't your health-but I will keep your poor sis in my prayers....gonna be a whole lot a prayin going on over here....

take care....and what a sweetie you are to take on the painting!

bear_tongue

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Pipa,

So sorry to hear that your Sister's wound is not good and my thoughts and prayers are
with you and hope that the Doctors will be able to help with a speedy recovery.
I just want to wish you the very best my Dear, for your appointment on Tuesday
and hope that they can sort out your wrist problems so you can be feeling better.
Well done with the painting.

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer