Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi everyone.....i need help. when i sell my bears 20% of them goes to the rescue centre near where i live. well a few weeks ago a stray dog that has been around for a couple of years decided to finally let us get close to her in return she bought her new litter of 8 puppies to our house....yes 8.
well we took her to the rescue centre sadly 6 of her pups were put to sleep due to lack of milk from mum, but the 2 are doing great and getting big. we have decided when mum is ready to give her a mum with us but we are having difficult coming up with a name so i need your help. if you need to see a pick of her take a look at my site she is on the home page. look forward to your suggestions please. thanks susan x bear_wacko

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

She looks like a Emma or Molly... more Molly to me.

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

I would suggest Bonnie or Lady, she is beautiful bear_wub  she must be so relieved to have the help she needed xx bear_thumb

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

Hi Susan, I looked at your website and as soon as I saw your mama dog's face I thought of Beauty. I then took a look at the Rescue Center website and saw that all the dogs names started with B!!  She does have a lovely face. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs
Sylvia x

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Susan,

I took a look at the dog and she is very sweet. I think she looks like a Bessie or Trixi-Bell.

Good luck with choosing a name for her.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I looked at her picture before reading the suggested names.... and though I couldn't come up with a specific name, I thought immediately that her name should begin with a B! I like Bella or Bonnie.

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb Good for you and thank goodness for people like you and also these rescue centres and their hard working helpers - makes me sad and angry all at the same time  bear_sad  The first name that popped into my head when I looked at her was Jessie but I also think she suits Tess, Josie, Rosie and Mandy.
Anyway, good luck in finding her a new name.

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

She looks like a Becca to me. bear_original

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Awwwwwwwwwww she's lovely, I thought Tilly, Meg or Tess (like Lyn).  Good luck in naming her!

Hugs Ali

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

thanks guys i think it will be a hat with the names and pull one out.... someone suggested Bungle . they all begin with B at the center due to nanas dog being Bamboo.

thanks for your help please keep the names coming the pups are doing great we saw them today they are barking now ...ahh bless

bear_flower

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Is that a white patch on her chest?  Does she have more than one?

We once had a brittany spaniel that had a perfectly round circle on the top of her head.
We named her "Dot."

Why not go with the obvious?  "Patches"  bear_laugh

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well it may seem a silly thing to say but what a lucky girl to have found you Susan, so why not call her Lucky!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I like "Lucky" better!   bear_thumb

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I thought of "Star" because it looks like a white star on her chest.

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

She's such a lovely looking dog bear_wub  How about Gracie or Bella

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

wow so many names. yes it is a white patch on her tummy and she has white on 2 of her paws. the problem we have is we look at her and think she is a little boy as we saw her around where we live for nearly 2 years and thought of her a boy dog. we did try her with betty as we have frank already but it didnt fit then we tried rosie but again my husband and i thought she didnt look like a rosie. i did see fraggle rock the other day and the dog on there is sprocket which is quite cute. when we got the other 3 it was easy... frank, dude and roxy. i did like the suggeation meg.
i still have a few weeks before she can leave her pups and we can bring her home. i am email a local radio station today to see if i can find homes for the pups...wish me luck and i'll keep you posted. thanks for your help xxx bear_flower

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

You could always call her "Sam" that could be a boy or girls name. I am sure there are many others. She sure is cute bear_wub

Us Bears Pennsylvania
doodlebears wrote:

Well it may seem a silly thing to say but what a lucky girl to have found you Susan, so why not call her Lucky!

Hugs, Jane.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Swan Valley Bears wrote:

I thought of "Star" because it looks like a white star on her chest.

How about "Lucky Starr?"  bear_laugh

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Susan
You are so kind to rescue this sweet loving mum and her pups. bear_wub    Her beautiful face and her white marking  suggest the name "Bianca" to me ...which means "shining, white"....
Good luck with three beautiful additions to your family. bear_flower
Hugs
Gail

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

what you did for the dogs is great.  so many good dogs need homes. I don't have any name suggestions though.  You mentioned Fraggle Rock - I used to love that show.  bear_original

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL
Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I think Dara is a nice name. It means star in Eastern cultures.

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi everyone thankyou for your help and so many really nice names but we have decided on BOBBI she will be coming home to us next week but the puppies still need homes.

thanks again susanx

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Susan, bear_flower

Oh, well done on choosing such a lovely name!!  I do like Bobbi!  It's certainly not easy choosing names is it; it's bad enough trying to
get bear names!

How wonderful that you are adopting Bobbi, and I hope the puppies soon find loving homes.

Hugs

Marilyn  bear_flower

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Bobbi is a good name for a dog.  :)

It's a good, strong name and the dog will know she's being called when she hears it.

bear_thumb

Board footer