Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Somebody -- maybe even two somebodies -- commented on how great it would be if there were a chocolate perfume.  This rang some bells for fashion-magazine-reading me so I did a quick Google search and while I couldn't find a "chocolate" perfume, per se, I did find the DEMETER FRAGRANCE site -- plus many other sites which sell their perfumes.

So, for your sniffing pleasure, may I share with you DEMETER perfume, "Chocolate Chip Cookie."

http://demeterfragrance.com/product.aspx?id=835

8804.JPG

They also have other wondrous, aromatherapeutic options like "Cotton Candy," "Tomato," and "Dirt."  From time to time I've actually smelled some of these DEMETER fragrances.  Therefore, I can highly recommend against the purchase of "Dirt." :):P:D

Enjoy!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fabulous Mah dear...how kind of you. (*air kiss)  :D:D

Actually, my mom was such an avid gardener that she did smell like dirt in the spring.  I'll bet she'd like this-memories and all that.

Thanks for a laugh Shelli

Dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ummmmmmm . . . I can just smell it now - fantastic!!  A LONG time ago - before all the "vanilla" perfumes came out - I loved that fragrance so much when I cooked with the flavoring, that I started using vanilla cooking flavor (Adam's Best) as a cologne.  EEEEEKKKK, that was desperation!  Now, guess I could smear some dark chocolate around . . . naw, I'm not THAT desperate!!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh ! I wish I find such a perfume !!
The sad thing is that my fiancee just told me that he would hate such a perfume... bear_sad Mm... Maybe I should find another one... bear_rolleyes bear_tongue bear_happy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Amazing Shelli what you can find on the internet.
I use a small amount of  Gingerbread oil on my bears at Christmas time...mmmm everyone love that smell...

.Talking about allergies, someone warned me NOt to mail bears to customers  with fragrance on them... I can understand that with the floral cologne  fragrances but I don't think gingerbread, apple sauce, cinnamon, pine tree, vanilla and etc....fit into that concern ....as what I use is oil not cologne that has other things in it...What do you all think ? ....Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Winney, I myself LOVE scented things but I agree that maybe it is not a great idea to scent bears with floral smells . I think it bothers a lot of people.

Only Shelli could find such things!!!  Chocolate perfume....Dilu...what do you think...any chocolate bears in the future???hhhhhhmmmmmm. 

I am totally into aroma therapy!
BUT...I am having a hard time trying to imagine the "dirt" scented perfume.  Ya know...I live on a farm...I could come up with some interesting "scented things"    bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I can see it now, Judi... "Eau de Cowpie."

Ewwww...!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

or even........

Eau de Tractor Grease

mmmmmmm .......

Penny bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eau de Chicken Feed!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I wouldn't mind some of those scents... my grandparents had a farm when I was growing up. Grandpa always smelled like tractor grease! And I used to feed the chickens with grammie. My favoritest memories..... ahhhhh.

Farmer Daphne

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

oh my GOSH!  You guys are hilarious!!! I am laughing my a#* off right now!!!  I couldn't top those if I tried!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sue Ann

in colonial times our fore mothers wore vanilla as a perfume colonge....When ever I am using it in the kitchen I dab it on too.

I make my own vanilla extract....I take a quart of vodka, and every week I go do the grocery shopping I pick up another bottle of vanilla beans and slice them open and drop them in....The bottles are great for storing eyes too.....when you have as many vanilla beans as you can afford in it let it sit for about 6 months, 

It is much stronger and more potent (  I read that as better tasting)
I think it is better than Mexican Vanilla, which is at the top of the
vanilla heap, and better than anything you could buy from on line, like from King Arthur Flour or whatever...

You vanilla LOVING guys  could try it! bear_laugh

You guys know that toilette water is stronger than colonge right?  So Eau de toilette?  or is that Eau de Toilet....yikes!

Chocolate bear  yep I see one in my future- but Im thinking I will put a zipper in his back and have a compartment inside, about the size of a little music box, and NEVER EVER EVER tell my honey- and my chocolate bear could hide my chocolate stash!

Yipeeeeee  I think I am on to something.  And maybe my chocolate stash will make him smell like chocolate.....

Thank you Judi....ohhhhh I can hardly wait!

Dilywonkers is going to dream up her chocolate buddy tonight!

Bye......

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

My chocolate chip cookie perfume spray is on its way!!  I can justify this, as I am very reactive to sugar inside of my body...outside will be just fine, and I can bask in the wonderful aroma... Thanks, Shelli!! bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I just had to jump in here and reply to Winney's comments about people's allergies.

Since I've been sick, I have become VERY sensitive to smells.  My soap, shampoo and deoderant are fine because I had been using it for a long time and before I got sick. But other smells can really make me feel sick and terrible.  Even things that sound natural that you mentioned Winney.  So, I'd be a bit careful before using them.

Sometimes I wish women would be a little more thoughtful with the perfume they use. Some just load it up and you can smell it a mile off.  I've had to move tables in restuarants due to highly perfumed ladies. I sometimes wonder what other smell they're covering up bear_grin  Anyhow, I just thought I'd jump in....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Danni, that reminds me of being in grammar school (all those years ago) and the school's substitute teacher Ms. Webber. As we'd walk down the hall and approach our classroom door we could SMELL her perfume wafting into the hall and know our teacher was out that day. When I'd get home from school mom would know as she hugged me that we'd had Ms. Webber subbing! It was just awful! I agree, women should be more thoughtful!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Concerning allergies, I don't think it is just florals that can be a problem.  I have a cousin who has a reaction to the smell of cinnamon.

As far as the farm smells go, I prefer the smell of horses.  My daughter thinks that I've totally lost it because I hug my horses and tell her that I love to smell them.  Little does my daughter know but insanity can be hereditary.  HA!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

VODKA WONKS! - YOU RUIN GOOD VODKA BY ADDING VANILLA???????????????

ARE YOU MAD WOMAN? - DRINK THE VODKA AND THEN YOU WON'T CARE ABOUT THE VANILLA :lol::lol::lol:

Your very drunken old pal - Penny hic hic hic

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Ewwww, de pork poop... Winney

not the good vodka you silly  Pennikins

I use the cheapest vodka for the vanillla-  the good stuff, well, we do drink the good stuff

As we get older our olfactory nerves kind of give up the ghost.  So the little old ladies that pour on Obsession to the point of nausea and vomiting dont realize it, because they cant smell it in themselves....

Every year for Christmas my honey gives me one of those itty bitty bottles of Channel 5 perfume.  yep, the real stuff.  But here's the reason why:
              The good stuff lasts all day, you dont have to keep applying it like so many ladies do.  and it only takes 2 dabs, behind each ear....that's all I will use, because even thou I can barely smell it, I know those around me can.....My old nose isn't what it used to be and I don't want to be like those ladies that make people nauseaous.:):)

smellikins wonkerslu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wow, how creative Dillywoo!  I may just have to try that.  Vanilla voda...hhmmm what would you call that?  Does it even have a name?  How about Dilly Bean?

Millie, I too, love the smell of a horse barn.  Here on our farm we only have Holstein cattle.  My hubby keeps the barn very clean and we have fans on one end which really keeps everything well ventilated.  It smells really nice...like the earth...grassy, earthy, and hayish (if that is even a word).  Hay smells really good.  The only time we smell maure is when our poop pit is being agitated to get ready for field spreading...I like to stay indoors at that time....only two days out of each year.

Dilu, can't wait to see your Willy Wonka chocolate stash bear....  if your hubby smells the chocolate just tell him it is perfume.  tee hee.

Daphne, I think often times the reason people put too much perfume on is because, they, thenselves want to smell it.  If you notice, after you put perfume on you don't smell it very strong yourself, even though others can smell it.  The reason is because your olfactory nerves (the nerves that sense smell) become overloaded and desensitized, if you will.  I find myself overloading on Happy Heart by Clinique and it chokes my husband.  LOL  But I love it so much!!!

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

I'm with you ladies regarding perfume that walks in the door long before the person wearing it....gaggaroonies!!!  I once was confined in a small place with a couple of young teenage boys who had been sampling the cologne aisle at the local dept. store.  They thought they were really stylin'.....Whew!!!  :o:rolleyes:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Sounds as bad as teenage girls Laure! bear_rolleyes

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL!!!!!!!!  Just trying to get my bear fix here this morning and almost fell off my chair! bear_grin:lol::lol:

I make candles too... so I LOVE things that smell good... but also agree about trying not to put too much on and gagging the people around you :rolleyes:

If ya want to smell your chosen scent yourself all day... try this... I did it by accident -- spray a touch in your bra !  It's right beneath your nose so you can still smell it!

This is how I figured that out...:rolleyes:... as I said I also make candles and stuff.  I had made a cinnamon "tart" (one of those scented wax melts you put in a tart melter - no wick)  Well, I put it in my undie drawer right next to my bras.  When I pulled one out I was wondering why I was smelling that yummy cinnamon!  And then I noticed that the scent followed me (we had gone out) and finally realized it was ME bear_grin !  My body heat kept releasing the scent that had permeated my bra. 

There was no actual oil on the bra wihich was a good thing!  Cause that fragrance oil was NOT body safe!  It would have caused a rash!

Board footer