Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Are there some places where you like to go as often as possible, because you love them so much?

My favourite places are in Britanny where my family lives. They are very closed to the sea.
There are actually many places along the sea coast I love so much...
The sea is so beautiful!

I took these two first photos in a place named Trézien last automn. The sea is the Channel (Manche in French).

trzienbeachfromcoast3er.jpg

sobeautiful6yg.jpg

And the following one very closed to Trézien near a village called Plouarzel. The beach in the back is only 250 m far from my brother's house!!!

seacoastplouarzel3eg.jpg

This one is near Argenton:

argentonctebis2rq.jpg

This one is between Argenton and Kersaint (more in the North): this chapel as inspired many painters.

chapellesaintsamsonbis6ct.jpg

This is me near Argenton about 2 years ago (my hair is shorter now):

sophieargentonbis8gi.jpg

This one is more in the South. This is called "Pointe de Kermorvant". You can notice some blockaus (there are still a lot along the sea coast around Brest) from second world war:

pointedekermorvanbis3ev.jpg

And to finish, my favourite "old" boat, La Recouvrance, which is a copy of the original. I was there when it was made in Brest.

larecouvrancebis2ec.jpg

Enjoy!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

To help you see where all this places are, here are some maps:

293qz.gif

carteacces9wa.jpg

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

this is one of my faves and its almost straight up from our boat so dont have to go far ,but its a steep hill to climb
marinaandmoor019.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sophie, How lucky yu are to live so close to the ocean.  We live close to the Great Lakes but it is not quite the same thing.  I would love to visit that chapel.  I am inspried just looking at it.

My favorite place is right here on our farm.  I feel such peace here and it si so beautiful in the country.  My second fav would be the ocean with all it's mysteries...then Disney World!

EXP=1131295736

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sophie . . . you are beautiful!!  And your favorite places are very lovely, too!!  Feel like I just visited France (sort of!!).  Thanks for sharing.  Yes, Estelle . . . that hill looks like it would be a great hike for exercise!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks!
Sadly, I don't go often enough to Britanny! Well, it's about 420 km far from where I live now (closed to Le Mans).
I have visited my family in Britanny last week, but the whether was not the best (quite understandable at this period of the year). what I like so much about this place is that there is still most of the sea cost that is still wild. So this is particularly pleasant to see.
Concerning the little chapel, named "Chapelle Saint Samson", it was in restauration the last time I went there. It used to be closed almost all the time. Once, I found it openned, as ther was a little show in it (photos and stories about this chapel).
There is a touristic around from Argenton to Kersaint from which we can see the sea all along. I go for a drive there almost every time I go to Britanny... The sea is so beautiful!

If you want some comparisons, we can say than the landscapes of North Finistère sea coast are quite similar to the ones of Wales and Irish sea coasts, and maybe Scotish too... (I never went to Ireland and Scotland to compare).

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

overview.jpgSophie you are sooo lucky to be able to visit Bretagne - ever since I first took French lessons way back when, I have wanted to visit there.  One day I'll make it!

This is where I live, which I think is a special place.  This is actually the bay before mine - the places at the end of the photo are about where I live.

My favourite place to visit will always be Canterbury, which is the province in the South Island that I grew up in. Most of my extended family live there, my mum in my childhood home still.  Canterbury is known for it's big flat plains and braided rivers and of course the alps that run down it's "spine". It is physically very different to where I live now and I love flying home, looking down on the patchwork plains - it's a feeling I can't put into words.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Not bad at all, Melissa! Such a great place, where you live!  bear_flower When I am rich, i will visit you, promised!  bear_sad  Sadly, it may not be before long! By when you are rich, you can go to France, and we will go together in Britanny  bear_tongue  bear_cool !

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Wow!! Another beautiful coasts! bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wow, Looking at these posts made me realize, I NEED A VACATION!  Such beautiful places... It is great knowing all you gals, it is like taking a tour of the world while sitting in my living room!  I love Florida and New York, NY  - I have yet to be there at night...

There are so many places I would like to visit... maybe some day, until then, you gals are my tour guides!  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow what lovely places, makes me want to travel, travel, travel.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

My favorite places are in the West (Wyoming, Colorado and Texas Hill Country).  We are planning a trip in May to Montana and I am already so excited.  We plan on visiting Yellowstone and going horseback riding in the mountains.  May seems so far away.

Deb Upstate New York

cascompe.jpegThe Outer Banks of NC are great also, but there's nothing like Walt Disney World to remind you there's still a child within.  I love it.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

The most favorite place I have visited is Antarctica......such peace and beauty! I would love to return, but the cost is way too much.

Since I enjoy travelling, my favorite place is where I am at the moment. I love here where I live, with the mountains, lakes and rivers, lots of outside activities. Then I also love my camp about 1 hour from the house, on the lake (a very small one) with a cabin we built ourselves, no phone, tv, computer, or electricity. a nice peaceful place to relax.
Ellen bear_original bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Ellen, I really want to go to Antarctica! 

Sophie, I love your pics!

i love South Florida.  I've always lived by the beach.  Outside of home, the one we go to the most is Disneyworld (we've been 7 times in the last year).  We're only 2.5 hours away.  I've been to Hot Springs, Virginia a lot b/c my family has a place there.  We used to go every summer growing up.  Other favorite places are FL Keys, Jackson Hole/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in Wyoming, Glacier National Park in Montana, Alaska, Nova Scotia, Ireland, and Switzerland.  I like going to different places.  My mom used to be a stewardess and has been to a lot of places so she gave me the traveling bug.

Board footer