Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

puca bears puca bears

Well - they are finally out - a couple of weeks later than last year..............and to my surprise, I got one!
I really thought I'd miss out this time, but there you go............and in only four weeks I'll be gearing up my nerves for another evening of STRESS! Just what you need after a long day (10am to 6pm) at the show!
And there are TWO MORE TTers on the list...........

bear_with_an_itch_01_main_view_TT.jpg

bear-with_an_itch_02_side_view_TT.jpg

Anyway - here's the "Bear with an itch"
huggies
Maria

Manuela Furry Critters
Website

Congratulation Maria   bear_thumb
I´m nominatet too with my raccoon, I´m soooooo happy

Manuela

puca bears puca bears

Congratulations to you too, Manuela! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
This will be my fourth time at the Awards dinner and I guarantee, I'll turn into a gibbering bag of nerves! Not helped by sitting next to my friend Sabine Eschbach, who remains totally calm throughout. NO - it will be FUN!!!!!!!!!! See you there.....
huggies
Maria

puca bears puca bears

Melanie - thank you SO much - you have no idea how much your kind comments mean to me :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I have to admit that I wasn't happy with this bear - he refused to do what I wanted him to........but yes  I think we are all our own worst critics.
Anyway . it IS exciting to have another GG  nomination :dance:  :dance: ..........and only four weeks to go to the show...........
ONLY - OMG - lots to do yet!
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

congrats!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Maria, CONGRATULATIONS......WELL DESERVED as always!  Mikki

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Congratulations Maria!!!!!!! He is fabulous!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  and congratulations to you as well Manuela!!!!  I can't wait to see his picture

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

BIG CONGRATULATIONS FROM ME TOO! Well done, Maria! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bearhuggies
Marion bear_original

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Congratulations Maria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your itchy bear is wonderful!!!
Beth

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Woo Hoo, congratulations Marie, what an awesome bear he is, I will be watching out for the final results.

Congratulations also Manuela, do you have a picture we could see of your raccoon?

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Where are the nominees listed?? You're KILLING us with curiosity to know who #3 TTers is!

Congrats, you 2!!!  GGs are tough ones!

puca bears puca bears

Thankyou all so much, Tami, Mikki, Terrie, Marion, Beth and Jane :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: you're all so kind.
And Bobbie - don't panic - I mailed the slowcoach and told her to post............I guarantee you won't be in the least surprised!
The nominees should be posted soon (ish) on the website   www.teddybaertotal.de 
big huggies to you all
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Manuela Furry Critters
Website

waschbaer00.jpgHere a picture from my racoon I have made the fish too, he is made from leather painted

puca bears puca bears

Hi Manuela - he's GORGEOUS! No surprise there - I LOVE all your critters.
Incidentally - I noticed (in the supermarket, browsing!) that there's a pic of your Euro Teddy winner in the current issue of Teddys Kreativ.
see you soon
huggies
Maria

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Congratulations Maria.

He's such a hunk!!

And stay calm... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

eLF.jpg

rkr4cds wrote:

Where are the nominees listed?? You're KILLING us with curiosity to know who #3 TTers is!

Congrats, you 2!!!  GGs are tough ones!

That`s me..  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congratulations, Berta, Manuela, and Maria . . . your creations are stupendous and so worthy of being nominated!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Congratulations Maria, Manuela and Berta !  They are all such wonderful creations, no wonder they were nominated  bear_flower

suburban Chicago

TTers, Berta has now incorporated traditional wet felting into her regular (as if Berta's crochet could EVER be considered standard or regular but you all know what I mean!!) into innovative crochet work and needle felting.
There is just NOTHING this girl cannot do! I'm SO PROUD to call her F R I E N D!!!!

You 3 represent TT so well - WELL DONE!

suburban Chicago

p.s. - I just went back to the Teddybar Total site and am curious about something: an April 09 date is given, with the city as Rothenburg in the right-hand logo: was the show split between 2 locations, with another 'half' to occur in another few weeks? Just wondering.....

http://www.teddybaertotal.de/CMS/O/1/s/e/

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

rkr4cds wrote:

p.s. - I just went back to the Teddybar Total site and am curious about something: an April 09 date is given, with the city as Rothenburg in the right-hand logo: was the show split between 2 locations, with another 'half' to occur in another few weeks? Just wondering.....

http://www.teddybaertotal.de/CMS/O/1/s/e/

No, this is a brand new show. Before they had another show in Wallau, but it was at the same day as another big show.  Unfortunately, also this show is together with another big show, only about 70 km from each other. I already signed up for the other show, before I knew about this one.  Pitty, I wish orgenizers would communecate with each other, I am sure exhibitors would love to do both..at least I would.
I hope though that both shows wil do well!!

Thank you everyone for the congratulations, thank you Bobbie for explaining my work in detail, I couldn`t do it better.

Berta

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Congratulations to you too Berta!!!

And to you Manuela.

Such great Artists we have on this site!!! :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Me again..........and again, my thanks to you all, for your kind words :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
And Bobbie...........there seems to be a bit more than show organisers NOt communicating here - a bit of a WAR going on. Suffice to say that there are now going to be two shows, on the SAME weekend , and only 70 km apart - and who will benefit?????????? The artists will probably be split into two "camps" - so how do the collectors choose which show to visit? I can't imagine it will do much for the exhibitors..........
And the shows are the w/end before Hugglets - so I know which show I'll be concentrating my efforts on!
huggies
Maria

suburban Chicago

Oh dear. How troubling. And in these times when EVERYONE should be bending over backwards (doing the impossible) to accommodate all factions: the promoters, the artists, the collectors, the venues...

It was brought home to me when Kelly & partner had a pow wow at the last KDIGS, of the difficulty of scheduling a major show because we try to space them out about a month apart here in the States. Our country is roughly 1000 x 3000 miles across and there are promoters/collectors/artists/suppliers/etc.. who travel to attend and support most of the major shows. A month apart seems like a good timing, with smaller regional shows filling in for those who stay closer-to-home or cannot travel.
So it was taken into account that Aug was TBAI/Ross Park (East Coast), ABC had April and Oct/Schaumburg, Linda had January and August (West Coast) Pat Moore and LuAnn and Valerie and....and... well you can see how trying to establish another major show w/o stepping on toes is a very delicate, diplomatic matter.

In the years that Clarion/Reunion in The Heartland would hold its every-5-years show, the KC Jubilee, would move a full month later although it already was a few weeks later in June and several hundred miles away but just being courteous and respectful to the more local collectors (and their budgets!) who would be attending both shows.

It seems outrageous that any show promoters would undercut each other that way: are they really not taking the world economy into account? the fact that the other shows could easily retaliate by moving a week earlier in following years?
It just seems as if the heart is gone from it and it's their way of fighting for the elusive hobby trade (which we all certainly realize is NOT a Priority now with job losses/cuts in hours and benefits) and not having a realistic viewpoint. They may be thinking (as many did in the better days of the 90s) to use back-to-back weekends to save on travel to particular areas but the fact is that it's all pivotal on collector dollars (monies) spent: most won't sightsee for a week and then spend an equal amount at another large show the following weekend and perhaps again at a third....

All the way around, this is Bad Business.

I'm sorry to go OT and derail this Happy Topic! I'm pleased that a show has produced such stellar award events for these artist friends among us!!!
My Bestest CONGRATULATIONS again!

puca bears puca bears

Bobbie - I so agree with you!  Rather than a long screed here, venting my anger, I'll PM you!
huggies
Maria

Board footer