Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I thought those of you raising the war cry about pulled auctions -- auctions pulled, by eBay, for mostly moronic, non-sensical, contrary-to-common-sense reasons -- would appreciate the text contained within this NIADA doll artist's listing.  The artist, Forest Rogers, named the auction pulling event, "A Modest Scandal."

Apparently, bear auctions aren't the only target for those clamoring to report and pull well-meaning auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golden-Mermaid-Fair … dZViewItem

AND...

... check out this association, formed by dollmakers specializing in fairy sculpts and reborns.  They've banded together and some have even placed a banner (like here <scroll to bottom of auction listing to view banner>:  http://cgi.ebay.com/SIERRA-OOAK-fairy-d … ZViewItem) with a link to the page I'm showing below, on their auctions, to fight auction sabotage, and the overall loss of goodwill that accompanies it.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V … erid=edafs

Interesting!  In a misery-loves-company kind of way, I mean.  Interesting...

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Heavy stuff. It comes to something when you have to do that. Good on them for fighting back. :clap:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Far out!  ooh I hate this whole jealousy thing it is ugly ugly ugly. 

On I lighter note I did wonder what would happen if someone started dobbing us in for selling naked bears   bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Shelli,

Thanks for posting this info, Shelli.

The doll people really do have their heads on straight. It does seem to me that certain categories of sellers ought to be able to educate eBay about the particular nature of their crafts, and once eBay understands and accepts this, it should be eBay's responsibility to point certain facts of life out to buyers--If you're offended by the sight of naked bodies, do not search Fairies. I wonder if they'd pull reborn auctions if the babies didn't wear nappies?

I'm afraid the jealousy thing is just natural to some of our species. I'm glad to see that eBay does have some policies on interfering with auctions. I'm going to read up!

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

The thing that cracks me up is that ebay allows selling of  "adult" materials!  A coworker found this out! It is different when it is a doll than when it is a person - my opinion anyway.  The dolls in those auctions are beautiful!  WOW so much talent on ebay so why do some people have to sabotage these brilliant artists?  I will never understand

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

You guys remember the post about the Dog ( yorkshire terrier) The woman who asked all kinds of information and then started stalking the artist with nasty emails. Bad mouthing her to her buyers, stalking her buyers with emails, etc. Then started selling Yorkies just like the artist she had so harrassed. Literally stealing her art style, selling it as her own to the womans own buyers!!!!
People are awful and some people will stoop to anything to further themselves.
disgustedly yours,
Kathy

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

What can motivate people to police these auctions and turn them into eBay??? (And they probably know that eBay favours the heavy-handed approach of action first and questions later).

It's probably many things - jealousy, small-mindedness, ignorance (not appreciating/understanding the art), maybe even boredom and a need to 'stir things up'. It's good to know that the doll community is fighting back...  bear_thumb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Many of my friends are part of NAIDA and I'm on a big list of dollmakers. Very sad what is happening to these poor people!!
I could go on forever, but it's just sad that Ebay would pull an auction, without looking at it.
And to think I just saw an auction for used panties, but a girl who sell hair for fairys got pulled for using spam words like, OOAK and fairy.
Isn't that the point?? Totally revelvant to her product and everything. Plus she also has people in China stealing her auctions.
Quite the problem I think

Heather

Board footer