Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

hazelseuser Auburn, Indiana

I just got an email from an artist asking me to vote for his bear for the People award for the TOBY.  I went to that website and it is in the doll magazine instead of the bear magazine.  To me, this just does not make any sense if they want people to vote on the contestants if they put them in a doll magazine.  I remember reading last year how many seemed to be critical of contests with website voting.  Not to mention contest names but isn't the TOBY now doing the same thing?   I was always anxiously waiting for the Teddy Bear Friends magazine to vote for the contestants but somehow I don't think it means as much as it did.  Just my opinion.  Hazel

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You are so right Hazel,  I just found the voting, it is on doll reader's website. Here is the link
http://www.dollreader.com/modern.php?id=438#

Joanne

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I just voted ... would never have found the website without your link - thanks! 

Not sure why the TOBY bears would be on a doll site ... seems a shame.   Also found the pics too small to see detail and noticed that Mary Lou Foley's vignette wasn't represented pictorially, despite being listed in the category.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Actually, the link to vote for the TOBYs is right on the home page of Teddy Bear & Friends website, right at the top, easy to find. But the voting should be on TB&F's site... doll reader? There must be a reason. (Scratching head)

Will they still have the photos and ballot to vote in the summer issue of TB&F? I'm hoping they do. I know the award ceremony is at TBAI/Binghamton, NY in August again this year. Hmmm....

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I thought the whole point to the TOBYs was that Teddy Bear & Friends subscribers were the only ones to vote for the Public choice.  ?  Why should doll readers be voting on this??  I don't particularly care that the Doll magazine is owned by the same people, this should be a teddy bear contest by and for teddy bear people.  That's not saying Doll people are excluded from loving teddy bears, but in my opinion, it should remain as a vote with the subscribers as tradition through the cards in the magazine.

Board footer