Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

I don't post very often anymore as like a lot of you I have been going through some "stuff". You know the kids song "no body loves me,,,," ends up with eating worms. Something like that.

But yesterday something amazing happened and I really want to share this. It was my birthday. We are in the Philippines and my family is all over the world. BUT. I got about 30 birthday wishes. From you TT's, some from old school friends, people I know but didn't think would care.... Lots of people took time out of their busy days to send me a message. You have no idea how good it feels. Made me think  that  we all have such an impact on people around us.

My birthday resolution is to keep in contact with people and tell people around me just how great I think they are. I personally did not realise that so many people cared. I for one hardly keep in contact because I feel I have nothing important to share. Other people feel they are too busy. But I have now experienced the feeling of having so many people who thought about me, if only for a few moments. And the feeling is spectacular.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I know where you're coming from!

Manilla is at 14º latitude where I am at 42º.  That means seasonal depression is more prevalent in my area than where you are.  I don't know how much you are affected but I get it often.  This year has been especially difficult for me.  It gets very hard to get along every day when I feel like people don't care.

I like to write stories and make photographs and digital art.  I will often post art on the internet or show people one of my finished works.  I don't want accolades.  I just want people to see it, recognize it and talk about it.  When I don't get that basic sense of recognition I start feeling down and depressed.

Several years ago, I put one of my photographs on exhibition at the county fair.  I didn't win a prize.  I didn't expect to.  I just wanted to be judged fairly and recognized.  When the ribbons were handed out, the winner was an out of focus picture of an old cat sitting on a rug that was taken with a cheap instamatic camera.  I was pretty cheezed-off!  I wasn't mad because I thought I should win.  There were three or four photos in the exhibition that were better than mine... WAY better.  None of them won any ribbons either!
That was more than 15 years ago.  I have not exhibited a single photograph in public ever since.

I am glad you're feeling more connected.  Yes, it IS important for people to talk and recognize each other.

Oh!  BTW!  Happy Birthday!   :bday:  :cake:  :clap:  bear_cool  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I am so pleased that you had a happy, happy feeling on your birthday Carolynn. I hope it stays with you, and it should because we all care and I for one count you as one of my friends, even if we have never met. Carolynn you don't ned to have something important to share, just having you as a friend is enough. Chat anytime about anything, I'll respond, it's great to keep in contact.

Happy hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Thank you Us Bears. I actually live in Davao (7.4) . But had not thought about the latitude thing at all. I have battled with depression for many years. But when I had children at home and was working it was easier somehow to cope. I cannot work here. Tried to volunteer without any success. And although I know I should be so grateful for the time I have at home. Like you I sometimes need validation. Not necessarily praise. Just a feeling of being noticed? Like I said. Yesterday was huge. But thank you for your comments, they were valuable. And for your wishes.

Jane, thank you too. I consider you to be a friend to. So often when I feel not so hot, I wish I could be sitting having a cup of tea with you.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Glad that you had a happy birthday Carolynn and it is always great to hear from you here.

Take care and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

My gosh!  You practically live on the equator!   bear_cool
I wouldn't expect seasonal depression due to lack of sunlight to be a problem but you still have to consider the effect of Daylight Saving Time.

Regardless of the cause, you can just chalk it up as "Spring Fever."  ;)

I am the same as you.  I have always had trouble keeping my spirits up, especially this time of year.
It's partially due to Spring Fever or seasonal depression.  It also has a lot to do with the fact that there is a "black anniversary" this time of year for me.

If I am having a tough time getting by I go to the doctor and ask him for some antidepressants.  He knows me well enough that I can simply ask him.  We have a talk.  He gives me a checkup and I get a couple of blood tests.  If he thinks it's okay he'll write me a 90 day prescription.  That's usually enough to get by on.  I almost never finish the prescription.  Once the weather warms up and spring get into full-spring I don't need the antidepressant any more.

You should have a talk with your doctor and see what he thinks.  Talk it over with your family.  Talk it over with your Bears too.
If you are all in agreement, it might do you well to consider it.  But don't just take my word for it.  Your mileage may vary.  Make the best decision for YOURSELF.   bear_thumb

Just judging by the tone of your posts, I'd say you are already back on the road to feeling better!  bear_original

Board footer