Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

I have a dear friend in South Africa who has been selling paintings through galleries for a few years. But she really needs more income and I suggested the internet. Bravely told her I would let her have a few sites that I found and then discovered I have lost the bookmarked links I had. All my soggy brain can come up with now aside from Ebay is Etsy.

I would really appreciate any suggestions I could pass on to her. In the meantime I am going to google and see what I can come up with too.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Carolynn, Does your friend have her own website? If she does, then linking to other art websites, as many as possible, should help get her work seen. If she doesn't have her own site then she could make a free one, there are many websites that offer this option and they can be quite good.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm unclear what you are looking for? Sites for "building your own" website? If you go to the little LIBRARY dropdown menu which above your first post up there on the left where the little smiley is waving at you, you'll find "website" at the bottom of the list. If you click on it that should take you to all kinds of previous discussions we've had on building websites, links to helpful places, etc.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I think Artfire ( www.artfire.com ) is similar to Etsy.   She could also set up a Flickr (www.flickr.com) account to just store and share photos of her work.   It could attract business.

Board footer