Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

.....sigh bear_cry .............

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I can't help but agree with Debbie.  I have a dog that if she ever got out would horrify people with how she looks (please read post in bearhugs).  to add to her problems her tear ducts do not work which means gunk builds up and it has to be cleaned at least twice daily or else she is blinded by it.
Due to her condition she won't always eat and loses large amounts of weight rapidly.
Honestly we are trying to do everything to maintain her health but if you saw her out you would think I was an awful awful owner.  These people may have been cruel but they may also be trying to hold onto a much loved dog when it would be kinder to put them down (which we are still trying to decide)
You did the right thing but judgements shouldn't be made without the facts from both sides.  depending on when a phone call is made to me I wouldn't be able to pick up till the following day either.  It is good that you check up but on't be too harsh for a dog to live to 15 it had to have been well cared for.

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

One of the beautiful things with dogs, i feel, is their loyalty, and the unconditional love they offer. Most owners return this love, although sadly, a few do not. Keeping your dog safe is all part of the deal. Unfortunately accidents do happen, a gates left open by mistake etc. I know if my dog was lost I would have been down to pick her up from the clinic, like greased lightning, walking on water to get there if i had to.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Louise and Kristina,  you are both angels for doing what you did.  Even if you don't know the whole story at least you tried to help animals you felt needed care.  Good for you on following up to make sure they will be safe.  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Kristina: What kind heart you have. It make me upset to see animals suffer. The world needs more people like you in it. I can't believe they gave the dog back to the owners. What, oh what are they doing?!!  Sad.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

So my emotions have calmed done some...It's been really helpful reading everyones posts! I know I don't know the whole story and I'm trying not to think the worst. BUT they were just to many things adding up to tell me there is at least some neglect going on. I also try to take into consideration that not all pet owners will react or do the same things as I would. If my dog is missing I will walk how ever long to get where my pet is...I will find a way!! Where I guess some people don't. I need to keep telling myself that. I feel better knowing that the SPCA will be following up and they said we can call and see if the file has been closed. So I guess that's something.

I will hold a special place in my heart for that puppy!!!  bear_wub

Thanks again for letting me vent and for all your thoughts as well!!!

Hugs
Kristina

Pages:

Board footer