Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm working on some pieces for a Bear Paths holiday show and need some help brainstorming on holiday themes and costumes. 

I've seen some bears lately dressed up as gingerbread cookies, for example. 

Anything you can offer would be a great help in my concept development process.  I'm looking for suggestions like: 

ICE & SNOW
SUGAR COOKIE 
GINGERBREAD 
SANTA 
ELF 
KWANZAA 
BLUE, SILVER, WHITE (HANUKKAH) 

etc... 

Perhaps this can help us all, in the next few months, in terms of developing winter-themed pieces of interest.  It's a list we can all draw from! 

You're appreciated,

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

How about sugar plum?  Holly, pointsetta....

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

And why not apple pie?  yummy yummy... :P

edelweiss
snowdrop
snowman
pilgrim

Beary hugs,
Sophie  bear_flower

Deb Upstate New York

Holiday Nog
Rum Punch
Drummer Boy
Shepherd Boy
Scrooge
Tiny Tim
12 Days of Christmas
Carols/Caroler
Nutcracker

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I always think 'Twas the night before Christmas' is a great theme for seasonal bears....
and icicles....

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Characters from the Christmas Carol, Tiny Tim, Christmas present, past, future. Christmas friends for your bears like penguins, mice and robins.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Deb I had such a funny picutre in my mind with Rum Punch

Shelli HomeSew has wonderful little snowflakes made out of thread at are about 2" in diameter-

that would look good against dark blue satin or velvet,

They also have a lot of other holiday type doodads to dress up a bear or doll

http://www.homesew.com/trimmings.html

http://www.homesew.com/holidaygiftandcraft.html

http://www.homesew.com/angels.html

Maybe something there can help you

bear_tongue

Deb Upstate New York

Oh come on Dilu, share that mental picture!

How about fruitcake?  Could have a good time with that!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

How about some Aussie Christmas bears, wearing t-shirts, shorts and thongs (LOL Flip flops to you yanks!)

They could have a beer in one hand and a pair of tongs for the BBQ in another..

Okay, I'm just being silly :P
Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

pearlkit2.jpgsnowflakes.jpgWow, Thank you Dilu  for the
website !  bear_flower
Here is my favorite from HomeSew
(above website in Dilu's post). I hope they don't mind for posting pics at here.  :P
So cute !! jingle bell jingle bell ! bear_whistle

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

oh my goodness am I a dunce...it never occurred to me that it's spring time or is it summer (see I'm clueless) in Australia during Christmas.  I just envisioned Koala's and Kangaroos in the snow.   :redface:  :redface:

Where's my dunce hat I know it's here somewhere....

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks, everyone!  And keep em coming, if something fresh pops into your mind.  I just came up with the idea of doing a primitive/folk art angel, which I will start on tonight!  But I need more, more, more!

Dilu, great links; thanks for sharing!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Delartful Bears wrote:

....wearing t-shirts, shorts and thongs (LOL Flip flops to you yanks!) .....

Oh Danni I"m so glad you clarified "thongs" for us yanks!  I was picturing a VERY skimpy swimsuite bear_whistle

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Rum Punch.....a fat drunk Santa Golly with an empty Salvation Army red pail and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth

Fruit Cake.....that would be about 6 mini gollies,  molasses, vanilla, candied fruit,  etc.....each little golly girl or boy having their own little ingredient name....and I didn't touch the obvious with a 10 foot pole.....nor will I if no one sees it...... :whistle:

Danni, i am ashamed to say when I read thongs I was trying to picture one on a teddy.....and honey it just didn't work....so then I started to reread.....ahhhhhhhh sigh    :redface: :redface:

Its a neat store, i have used them for years, and they send you a catalog so you day dream when the account is too low to order......

I love the little snow flakes-  glad you do too Marie
and Shelli
bear_tongue

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

jackandfrost.jpgHere's the other Christmas duo that I made - back in August when it actually was winter here!  There names are Jack and Frost - sorry about the stink photo -  I just can't get the light right at the moment.

Ooh Shelli, I love the primitive angel idea and can't wait to see it!

I have an apple pie bear just waiting to be stuffed - I have apple pie and pumpkin pie made for thanksgiving but I'm a bit late to auction them now - so will have to wait for next year or dress them as something different!

I have a Christmas bear planned for a bear competition I'm entering - it's all in my head at the moment and the show is in a fortnight. (oh two weeks to you yanks)  I better get my skates on.  Entered in a rash moment and know that i have no chance of winning - there is no size distinction so my 4" bear is competing against 20" giants - crazy crazy crazy.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Cute...

I can not get my head around it being Winter in August...  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Willamette Valley Oregon

Snowshoes
Sledding
Ice Skating
Snowballs
Holly
Stockings
Mistletoe

I have some Christmas quilt books with crafty stuff in them...I'll dig them out tomorrow and take a peek.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm thinking the 12 days of christmas,
Maybe the 12 bears of christmas?

And winter in August, I'm with you Shantell.

Heather

Board footer