Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Hi all. 
Somewhere back in May a bug crept into my computer and ate it for lunch.  It froze up completely.  My hubby managed to fix it by running three anti-bug programs all at once.  It did the trick. 
I borrowed a laptop during all this, and to my horror gave it the Blank Page bug.  Big oops.  At least we caught it quick and fixed it.
I only went to three sites on the laptop before Blank Page hit.  100 Best Bear Artist Blogs, my blog, and Teddy Talk. 
My computer is up and running again but I've been a wee bit nervous about surfing the web, as little as I do.  I've been to my blog, no bug.  Then I braved it and went to 100 Best, still no bug.  Today I'm finally braving TT.  I've been here almost an hour now, catching up on everything, and so far so good.  Boy, did I miss TT! 
Has anyone had problems with Blank Page?  I Googled it and it's apparently quite prevalent, though easy enough to fix. It attaches to just about anything and has a big appetite.
If I find Blank Page on my computer tomorrow, I will let you know.  Somehow.  But if it's here somewhere I'm guessing  someone else would have caught it, too.  They say it can sneak past computer protection. 
I'm pretty much computer clueless, by the way.

It's good to be back!  I missed you all so much!!!
Hugs,
  Laura
    :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Laura (my sisters name bear_happy  )  I have the blank page come up all the time, each time I turn on my computer...its something to do with Vista I think.  All I do it tap on the blank screen with my mouse, and then click alt and F4 at the same time, closes down the blank page and leaves you with what you were working on.  Hope this helps you too  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Yikes!!!  Another reason to hate Vista  bear_cry

puca bears puca bears

Hi Laura
I can really sympathise/empathise with you! My computer threw a mega wobbly a couple of weeks back, and my husband is, after days of trying to fix it (it IS an old one) is now transferring all my stuff to another comp - meanwhile I'm using his teeny note book............
DRATTED machines - but it's difficult to survive without them these days!
huggies
Maria

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

I have XP and the laptop has Vista.  It hit both. 

The problem is that the Blank Page builds in your computer.  Pretty soon there are literally hundreds of Blank Page wanting to come up all at once.  The computer hits overload and bye-bye computer.
It's some kind of virus or bug. 

I'll try your method of disposal, Sarah. 
But if anyone sees one Blank Page open  ( it'll read 'Blank Page') get it out fast, one way or another.

So far I've not seen a return performance.  I have my fingers crossed.
   :hug:

Board footer