Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi

Please can someone put me out of my misery. I have been looking at some stunning bears made by some talented artists and have got myself confused. I see that in most cases when people use a "jelly bean" shaped paw pad they put the "instep" (concave) piece on the outside of the foot. I have been putting it in the inside???? Had a look at proper bear feet, steiff feet and am now more confused than ever.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Your way makes more sense to me. That's the way the bottoms of my feet look, anyway, with the instep on the inside!

Best,
Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

When I make the bottom of the bears feet (back feet) the instep of the foot goes on the inside.  When you look at a bears back paws, which is what I do, the instep is on the inside of the foot, like a human.
Joanne

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I would put them on the inside too but then it's whatever you want I don't believe there are any right or wrong ways to create a bear and it is often the quirky things that make the bear what it is.  (I don't mean that the artists are all quirky things)!!! LOL  hopefully you will get my drift!

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Becky and Joanne, Thank you. And Clare I do know what you mean and there is nothing wrong with quirks at all. I just had a moment of seriously doubting myself. (And I think that you can be an artist of any sort without the quirk.) But I am (I think) on the verge of trying to sell my bears and now taking a super-hyper critical look at my bears and I honestly thought I was doing something wrong.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

You are not doing anything wrong.  Everyone's bears are unique in some way.  That is what draws the bear to sell.  You do your bears what ever way you a pleased with.  If you look at all the different types of bears on this site, you will see that no one makes their bears the same.

Board footer