Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well Heather getting married and having kids was very very important.....right up there,

For me the truly most important day was birth, because without having been given a chance to live in the wonderful world I wouldn't have had the chance to experience the other most important days.....and I consider the birth truly a gift, and I guess there's no doubt where I think the gift came from!  :angel:

So what about the rest of you....while we contemplate the beautiful wedding bears and rejoice with our friends for upcoming nuptials and births, whats your choice for number 1 day?
bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey you....did you mean for this to be in the Minatures section...it's a great topic but might get overlooked here for those who don't regularly check mini's or like me often get stuck in General  :)

I'll respond either way...just thought I'd check first.

hmmmmm I guess we could move it....but I don't know how  bear_grin bear_grin

I'll repost...i guesss

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I don't see this as off topic, Dilu and Shantell.

After all, when Dilu was born, she was a miniature, right?

Eileen

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Okay...I'll start...

The most important day of my life for me was the birth of my oldest son, Kyle who is now 21.  I was an unmarried 19 year old who for the most part had been pretty sheltered by an overprotective mother and a father who thought I could do no wrong.  I went to private school including a church affliated boarding school my Jr/Sr year.  I broke my fathers heart when I told him at 18 I was pregnant.  Until I was about 7 months pregnant I had decided to put the baby up for adoption and had even gone as far as selecting a adoptive family because I didn't want children EVER.  For some unknown reason I had a VERY big change of heart....this infuriated the babies father....who by the way I ended up marrying 7 years later...and then divorcing 11 years after that. 

I love all my children more than life...but Kyle changed me in a very positive way.  I actually shudder to think what kind of spoiled, selfish, self-centered person I would have been without having him.  He grounded me in so many ways and gave me reasons to be a better human being.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Shantell . . . that's a heavy story!  All I can add is that I'm so glad for that change of heart when you were 7 months pregnant.  We love who you've become!

First of all, we got moved by magic!  (Thank you Kjeld and Quy)

Shantell I love your story.  It has the wonderful miraculous hint of real magic, love.  Isn't it interesting looking back at the life changing choices we got to make that took us to this place?  Thank you, my sweet, for such a wonderful story.  I am so glad you kept Kyle.....

:love:

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I can come up with a few significant events but not a particular day.

So, you get the events:

1. Accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I was 21 OK, that was indeed a DAY!)

2. Going to the poverty stricken foot hills of Jamaica on a mission trip with my church to teach bible school and rebuild a church structure. I came away from that experience 'rebuilt' as well! What an eye opener!

3. Finally (after being a spoiled, know-it-all, rebelious only child who was always at odds with her parents) developing a loving adult-to-adult relationship with my mom and dad which I cherrish more than anything in the world now.

Yup, those are 'Good' important events of my life.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There isn't one day I can put my finger on....but...

The days I gave birth to both my children changed my life forever..
The day I decided that I had to leave my first husband and that I could and would make it on my own...
The day I married my lovely, soft-hearted, devoted husband made me realise that there are good humans on the planet
The day I saw my daughter sitting holding her own baby in her arms is a picture in my mind that I shall cherish forever...

I hope there are more days like these......

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

The most important day of my boring life was of cause when i had my one and only child. :clap:and the nexts most important day that comes to mine is when i retired and started making  teddys dolls and doll houses. bear_thumb You see i spent all my married life behind a shop counter, my son was serving customers when he was 4 years old ,we always had our own business my poor husband was a workaholic and worked 7years strait no day off but he loved it .it all came to a crash when a big supermarket open up across the road and we shut shop  (woolworths )

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Definitely the days each of my 3 babies were born . . . they run together in my head, almost a single event.

I honestly thought that, after the first one, another baby couldn't be such a life-changing experience, but it is. You're suddenly connected to yourself and your Hubs and the world (spiritual and material) in a way that you've never been connected to anything before.

I've got to say, though, that 3 life-changing experiences in 5.5 years left me feeling a bit dizzy!  :wacko:

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, now after the big proposal, my boyfriend wants me to start thinking about kids.
I always SWORE I would never have kids, now I find myself talking about it. OH BOY!!
So reading that for most of you, giving birth, or something with your kids was the most important day of your lives, really makes me think.
I would hate to be in my old age home, wondering what having kids would've been like.

You guys are just no help at all!!!   :doh:

My most improtant day so far, was the day I decided to quit smoking. Small fried to having kids, but hey.

Heather

Heather,

kids are a joy and they turn your hair gray. 

As with life, having a child is what you make it

I think what makes  a baby of your own so special, besides being so darn glad the bowling ball outa there, is the realization of the miraculous little thing you are holding and the awesome responsibility you have to teach and guide this little critter the way you want him or her to grow up.

And for all the horrible stories you hear on the news, remember it is the smallest percentage of people that are wicked....most kids are a joy and are fun and teach us so much about ourselves that we would never learn if we never had them.

Also, it is only with a child that we truly learn about unconditional love.  The baby can only take, we have to give all, and most of us would do it again in a heart beat.

I would never urge someone who really didn't want children to have one, but I did want to share my late in life realizations of what it meant to me.....

:hug: bear_wub :hug:

Dilu

Board footer