Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

HPIM1279.jpgThis is my newest baby, Desmond.  A few weeks ago my male duck was killed.  That left me with only the two hens.  Even though the hens are laying (all around the yard, it's like an Easter egg hunt every day), they are not sitting.  So I found 3 of their eggs and put them under one of my chickens that wants to sit.  I had given up, thinking it had been too long.  That's what happens when you forget to mark the calendar.  When I went to feed the chickens Saturday morning, this little yellow face was peeking out from under the hen.  What a wonderful surprise.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a sweet handful!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a terrific story, Nina!  Has the little one imprinted on the chicken and does the chicken think it's her baby?
Or now that it's hatched, do the ducks want to claim it as their own?  Such a pretty little thing!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Adorable!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Now I want to create one!    bear_grin

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

How beautiful !  bear_wub  bear_wub  Of all little creatures ducklings just make my heart melt  bear_laugh
I would love to see some more photos of adorable little Desmond  :hug:

Mini Hugs , Ruth  bear_flower

karenaus Melbourne
Website

awww what a little sweetie! Ducklings are sooo cute bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh he's gorgeous!!!!  babies always bring a smile to my heart.  Thanks for sharing Nina!  bear_wub  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Please tell us more. bear_original
I too like Sue Ann would like to know how he is doing. bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Sue Ann, the hen that hatched Desmond did not stay with him.  She still has chicken eggs due to hatch next week, so she stayed on them.  I have not put him with the ducks because they just run all around the property, and he would not be safe.  But I do have 18 little chicks in a "nursery", and I put Desmond with them.  It was really funny to see their initial reaction.  I could almost hear things being said like "Your nose looks funny", "Why do you walk that way?".  But everyone seems to have settled in real nice now and the chickens have accepted this unusual sibling.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

He is adorable!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Millie,
     He is just so sweet!!!!!!!!!  I'm glad he is among friends, even if they look different - we all need them.

hugs,

Brenda

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He's beautiful, thanks for sharing the picture  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a wonderful story, please keep us up to date with his story and more pictures please.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

awwwwwww I love him! bear_wub
Catherine xx

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

What a wonderful story!  You're so lucky to have lots of critters running around. 

Hugs,
Alison

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

millie wrote:

Sue Ann, the hen that hatched Desmond did not stay with him.  She still has chicken eggs due to hatch next week, so she stayed on them.  I have not put him with the ducks because they just run all around the property, and he would not be safe.  But I do have 18 little chicks in a "nursery", and I put Desmond with them.  It was really funny to see their initial reaction.  I could almost hear things being said like "Your nose looks funny", "Why do you walk that way?".  But everyone seems to have settled in real nice now and the chickens have accepted this unusual sibling.

Thanks much for the info, Nina . . . it will be really interesting to see how he grows up.  Will he think he's a chicken or a duck?

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Oh how totally cute and what a great story.  Please keep updated on his progress as he grows up :-)

/miniteddyhugs,

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Thanks for sharing the story of Desmond! He is adorable. I can;t wait for the sequel!
Beth

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh he is SO sweet!!!

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

What a great story - thanks for sharing, Millie. Desmond is so precious. I would love to see more pics... bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Board footer