Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Who knew dogs could get tonsillitis!!  I didn't, and felt very much the regular mummy taking my boy into the "doctor" and him diagnosing, his glands are up, he has a temperature, and his throat is red and inflamed.  HUH?  Apparently its going around this winter.  My sisters dog goes to puppy day care so wonder if he passed it onto Pippin  bear_wacko
My poor baby, hes been clingy and sad looking for a few days, now I realise why bear_sad
Here he was on his birthday a short time ago, hes two years old now!
112.jpg
sleepy1.jpg
and while I'm here, this is how I work lol, with a little heat pack sleeping on my lap bear_tongue
working.jpglooking.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh poor Pippin, bless him and he couldn't tell you how he was feeling. I always feel sorry for animals not being able to let us know that they are not feeling well. I hope you little boy soon feels better Sarah, he's such a sweet little boy. I love the pictures, he is so photogenic. ((((HUG)))) for Pippin.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Love the pictures too Sarah he is a cutie

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I'm sorry Sarah to hear Pippin is not well.  bear_sad
Surely he will be better before you know it. bear_original
Herbie sends him well wishes. bear_original

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Poor little baby, I hope he is feeling better soon.  What a gorgous little poppet he is, those ears are to die for  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs to you both, Ali  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

He sure is a cute little guy.  I'm sure his tonsils will be back to normal soon, and you will have him spoiled beyond measure by then.  Did the doctor tell you to have him gargle with salt water? :crackup:

Australia

thanks so much, Pippy is feeling all that love and is less grumpy bear_wub  bear_wub   bear_innocent Jane, I know!  Hes been snappy towards mum twice the last two days and we thought it was him being naughty bear_sad
Millie, I nearly spat my tea just then,  :crackup:  hahahaha I'll try and see if he can do that one lol

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Riley gets tonsilitis as a result of allergies. So he's on daily allergy meds to keep his tonsils from getting irritated. When he gets an infection he can't swallow or eat, poor little guy. I now know the early signs so he doesn't get to a flow blown infection.

I remember thinking the same thing the first time he was diagnosed... this is just like having a HUMAN kid!!!

Hugs and Sympathy to Pippin from Riley!!!  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

that poor sweety, hope he feels better soon, he is ADORABLE, I know you will take very good care of him!!!! :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Adorable little poochie, Sarah!  Hope he recovers soon.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

karenaus Melbourne
Website

bear_shocked  I didn't know dogs could get tonsilitis?! Poor Pip, give him hugs for me. Wednesday says get well soon, Pugsley says grrrrrrr lol. Get well soon Pip! :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Awww... little Pippin!   :hug:  bear_cry  :hug:   Get better soon sweetie!!!!!  Big hugs from the Bastas and Hugo!  bear_wub

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I never knew they could get that either.  Poor little Pippin.  I bet he is being extremely well looked after though.  Hopefully his discomfort will settle down soon.  Big cuddles to him from Muffy.

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Thats a new one on me too! Poor little Pippin! I do hope he feels better very quickly! He is absolutly adorable!!! I really do love Papillons. I have always had BIG dogs but have been thinking maybe a little one would be nice in the future. That way when you have two that want to go in different directions it is a lot easier on the arms if they only weigh 10-20 lbs instead of one at 68lbs and the other at 120lbs.  bear_grin
Beth

Australia

haha Daphne, of course one of your kids would have this too lol.  Our boys keep us on our toes don't they!  I was actually just taking him in for his allergy shot thinking it was just his allergies returning, when our nice Mr Vet said that he isn't his usual self (Pip, not the vet lol) I think he gave him three shots, he was due his allergy shot so got that out of the way.  He's eating his rawhide bone again tonight...its funny, just occured to me that he has been asking for new bones without finishing any of his old bones the last week...Poor baby must have been thinking there was something wrong with the bone and that a new one would be better lol

Beth, yes, they are much easier to take walking lol.  Only thing, if they end up like my puppy and you end up having to carry them on their walks LOL

Thanks Christine, Tami, Sue Ann, Karen, Kim and, Weddy, Hugo, Muffy, Tiffy, Tucker and Riley, we send big cuddles back to you all and a growl back to Pugsley lol.  Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to organise play dates  bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Pip probably didn't want his bones because they smelled/tasted funny from his being sick. My guys tur their nose up to their bones when they've been sick. They get the 'real' marrow bones and I just boil them, once in hot water, the second time around in chicken broth and that does the trick... they are yummy again!

When I give Riley antibiotic for his tonsils it's literally just 2-3 hours and he's doing MUCH better. Wish they worked that quick in humans!

Sooooo glad Pip is getting back to his old self!!!  bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am glad poor Pippin is a little better now bear_wub  bear_wub
I never realised dogs could suffer from tonsillitis..
Laurie :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

AWWWW  Poor Pip!!!  Sequoya sends kisses....  bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Sarah,

So sorry to hear about your baby and I hope that he is feeling better now.
Cute photos.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Australia

Daphne, I must try the marrow bones...I'm a bit worried about them being icky on the carpet...or the couch coz Pip usually brings his chews up near me to eat, snuggled while we watch tele LOL How big are the ones you get your guys?  Pip has a teeny mouth.... bear_ermm  Someone once told us to try chicken necks, and Spike nearly chocked on one bear_sad 

Thanks Laurie, Laura and Carolyn  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

awww poor Pipin. Well at least you know what is wrong with him so he can get treatment.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I get the marrow bones from either the big pet stores or mail order. If I mail order here's what I get to give you an idea.
http://www.jbpet.com/Natural-Bones,851.html (smoked ones STINK!)
They are REAL bones so come in all shapes and sizes. Because they are very hard BONES and not hide or muscle etc. they don't get gummy and gross... just wet from doggy drool! I get the empty ones (no filling in the middle) and then put a little peanut butter or plain yogurt inside and freeze 'em for treats.

I should add that I don't get the smallest ones they have but even so my parent's little cairns chew on 'em when they are here with no problem!

Australia

Thanks Michelle  :hug:   
Thats really interesting Daphne, I've never seen them before!  I'm going to ask at the big pet warehouse we go to to get their food....Thanks so much!    Oh yeah, I know, even the smoked raw hides are awful!  The white ones are great, no stink and they love to nibble on them and its great that they are in a small size too bear_happy   But they do get sticky bear_sad  Sounds great if your parents doggies like them too.  Will put on my detecting gear and go try and find them over here  bear_thumb

Board footer