Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

murrlin1.jpgThis is Murrlin:
This was a really tricky guy to create. I used my new soft leather sculptured cat paws, an open and close mouth that has two fangs and a suede tongue, white horse hair whiskers and a whole complicated combination of joints and armatures. It's amazing how physically demanding such a complicated piece can be! I had bruises all over my hands  :doh: Hopefully the next one will come easier now that I've worked out the technique. He's life size and can recline or sit and do many typical funny cat poses.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design
http://tinyurl.com/nhardf

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: , wonderful, I had a cat that looked alot like Murrlin, her name was Sassy, I loved her so much.
Those paw pads looks so real and soft!!! Great job!

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

Gorgeous! He looks like a norweigen forrest cat?! Adorable!

hugs
Birgitta

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Beautiful !!!   bear_thumb His eyes are incredible !
He looks so real.  I don't know how you do it 
bear_wub

Lee Ann

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Just stunning!!!  Your cats are always great but you really outdid yourself this time. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bravo, bravo!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: oh my goodness......absolutely amazing work Karen!!!!!!  I just love those paws and his eyes seem to look right to your soul.....simply outstanding!!!  And he reminds me of my Abner......in attitude as well as looks! bear_grin  bear_wub

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Oh, how wonderful!  Just WONDERFUL!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Warmly,
Cheryl

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

OMG!!! What a realistic looking cat. Karen, you did a wonderful job!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  He is so realistic and if I didn't know better I would think you posted a picture of Maz my male Siberian Forest Cat.

Hugs,

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Karen, Murrlin looks real.  If I did not know he was your creation, I would think I was looking at the photograph of a real cat.  Congratulations!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Beautiful cat, love the paws.  What really stands out for me, is the incredible job you have done shading him.  You always make the fur look "real" like this is the way it came.  there is never stiffness or any indication that you ever touched it.
Joanne

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

He is beatiful, but one question is he litter trained? bear_grin

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

THanks everybody  :hug:  I value the feedback from TTer's more than anyone else! Jared, he is, but if he made a mistake I'm sure he could talk his way out of trouble  bear_grin
Karen,

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

An outstanding creation Karen, just beautiful  bear_wub

Pauline

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Just amazing, Karen!!!  He's beautiful and so realistic!  All your hard work really paid off!  bear_thumb   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs,

Ellen

scruffiebears Posts: 318
Website

Fantastic work. I love him. bear_wub

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Wow!  Karen this cat is amazing.  You have done a fantastic job - I'd say the bruises were worth the end result!  :clap:  :clap:

Marg  bear_original

artbyrjandreae artbyrjandreae
Johannesburg, California

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: What a charmer! I love the way you do expressions! His paws are fabulous.

Anna Tide Bad Bergzabern

Great Job!  :pray: He is alive!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Well Murrlin didn't sell.
I guess I learned a lesson, too much realism is just that - TOO Much! I was told by a couple of my collectors that I should try for more realism in the cats. I have always concentrated on expression and character but I thought I'd give it a try. I suppose you can't judge by one auction but I have a feeling that character is more important than realism and sometimes realism throws people off  bear_sad
Karen

artbyrjandreae artbyrjandreae
Johannesburg, California

Sales are way off on eBay, too. He had a lot of character. I'd give him another shot in the fall.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Karen I think that eBay is just generally quiet. I have nowhere near the number of watchers I normally get and my last auction was for a bear that I thought was one of my best only just got to his reserve ..and it remains to be seen if my latest offering gets to the post. I think there are lots of people on vacation and that summer is just quiet. Nothing to do with your cat I think he's exceptional...

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I think you did a wonderful job on Murrlin and I agree with Jenny and Robin....  sales just aren't the same at the moment.  I hope to see more like Murrlin!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer