Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

This is nothing to do with bears but I have searched everyehere trying to find this.

What is a THEATRE ANIMATEUR? What do they do? (Job discription) What experience do you need for this job? What qualifications are needed? What I need to know is absolutely anything about this job!

HELP...HELP...HELP... HELP...HELP...HELP... HELP...HELP...HELP... HELP...HELP...HELP... HELP...HELP...HELP...   :doh:

Jane  bear_wacko

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Copied these from two docs - links at the bottom of the page...

In his book, Voice to the Voiceless, Jacob Srampickal reminds us that the role of the Animateur is not confined to France and Italy. Srampickal describes ‘Theatre Animateurs’ as: “…Theatre activists who do not necessarily belong to any particular SAG (Social Action Group), but have taken up the theatre as a medium for building social awareness”. (8)

Drama offers a wonderful opportunity for living Animation in schools. I think immediately of Dorothy Heathcote and her empowering approach to helping drama students discover their own creativity. In her book about Heathcote, Betty Jane Wagner describes the function of Heathcote’s work as: “…a conscious employment of the elements of drama to educate – to literally bring out what children know but don’t yet know they know.” (9)
Hi Jane

So we are aiming for the students who can take this experience and become something more than the
theatre people, so then they start inspiring young people who can then link and interconnect, interchange
the different places in the world. Of course many of the people will just become actors, but with the
experience we are offering them they may become something else additionally, we call this job in Poland
the theatre animateur.
Yes, it‘s a word we don’t really have here. It is used, but usually to refer to what happens in other
countries
It’s not to be a producer or manager, you are an artist yourself, but you are not just an actor, you are
animating an event. This is what we are trying to inspire people with.
So like my company is very much like an animateur also, because we run small events and workshops
but we are not producers.
Many people are very interested in this, like self-cultivating, like art cultivating. Because I think there’s too
much institutionalised and you can’t really cultivate art, in an institution you have to cultivate obligations.

http://www.visitingarts.org.uk/casestud … nkozla.pdf

Board footer