Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Everyone,
So many of you have patiently waited for photos from the Maine Teddy Bear Show we held last weekend. Thank you for not emailing me tooooo many times! I had a photographer take photos this time, rather than trying to do it myself or hoping that between all of us we got everyone! Sheila did a fantastic job. She says she took something like 1400 pictures. Luckily she didn't give me quite that many to sort through, edit, etc. but it sure felt like it!

Rather than post 65 pictures here on TT I've uploaded the photos onto the show's webpage along with a written review.

Come take a look at all the pictures and read about the show!!
Click here: http://www.backroadbears.com/BREMaine09Review.htm

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wonderful, such a great review and fantastic pictures. Congratulations Daphne it looks like you ran an awesome show.
It was good to see close ups of some of the bears, sometimes it's hard to see details on long shots.  :photo:

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

What a well written and "real" review!!!!  AWEsome photos!!   bear_wub

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :clap: Fabulous photos, looked like a wonderful show.  Hey Daphne, I did not see any of your cloth dolls on your table?  Love your bears of cours, I own one!
Great review, almost like being there, almost but not quite. thanx so much for sharing.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Pat - I didn't get to making my dolls... had some of Shantells and some by another local artist, Nancy Nye who sells on eBay exclusively otherwise. I'll have to make sure I at least put a picture of of the doll table up if I didn't... I've forgotten... it was the wee hours of the morning when I finished going through all those photos! LOL!

Edited to add:
I added a photo of the doll table near the top of the Photos page! bear_thumb

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Great Pictures!! :clap:  :clap:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jane - there are a LOT of close ups in the photos Sheila took. There is a link to them which takes you to Flicker at the very bottom of the page of photos. They aren't edited or captioned so you won't know who made the bears but theres lots of eye candy. I posted mostly "long shots" as most everyone I hear from likes to see the whole table display and the artist... perhaps because we only know each other online so it's fun to see faces of our friends when ever possible. And lots of artists like to look at the full-table photos to get ideas for the own displays. I think we got all the bases covered!
bear_original

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Warmly,
Cheryl

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  lovely pictures and lovely bears -  it was interesing to see some of the artists too - Lots of them look like their bears bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Julia - great observation and I agree! If the bears don't like like their creators, they usually look like their creator's pets!

Cheryl - Welcome to TT... I guess this is the first time I've seen you here.... your avatar bear is adorable and I'm off to go read more on your blog! Bingle is adorable too! bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Out of sight photos!  Great artists and superb work at a very well-managed, smooth-running show!  Fantastic job, Daphne!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Great pictures Daphne- Sheila did a wonderful job of catching everyone there. It was indeed a warm fuzzy show and very well run. Thanks Daphne
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

thanks for the great photos!  Looked like a lovely show! I loved quite a few things i saw!  Altho i hear you bought the rabbit  ( Sandi  Rexfords ) i was coveting!
The little piggys were adorable! And i saw some interesting new things on Lynn Gattos' table too!  sigh..so many toys..so little money!  Great job everyone!
deb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I missed you Deb! Lynn Gatto always has so many wonderful things on her table! There were a LOT of amazing creations at the show. Tough choices for a lot of collectors!! bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Daphne, looks like a great show, the photos were great, thank you. :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Karen! You are very welcome!

Sheila captured the magic of the show and the bright, spectacular venue and smiling, happy artists and collectors! It was such a fun day!

Makes me all the more excited for our fall show... The Chicagoland Teddy Bear Show on October 24, 2009 at Embassy Suites in Schaumburg, IL! Collectors from all over the world are registering for the show and the all-star artist line up with over 45 exhibiting is absolutely amazing!

Go Teddies!! :dance:

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Daphne, the pictures were amazing and wish I could attend the Chicago show.  Don't travel anymore because of health problems so will look forward to seeing the pictures of that show.  Thanks for sharing.

Board footer