Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi can anyone help? i have got a critter project i want to do which is felted. i have seen that some critters are stuffed with steel shot etc like i do with the bears, can anyone tell me how you do this with felting.
do you make a body of fabric first stuff the felt?
or ??????

thats it i'm stuck no idea be grateful for any info

hugs susan

artbyrjandreae artbyrjandreae
Johannesburg, California

Hmm I've thought of doing the same. I suppose you'd have to make a cloth bag  for the shot. Then felt a piece of core wool about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Then felt that piece around the bag of shot. Good Luck.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Susan, what I have done in the past and doing now on a penguin is make a mohair shape like the body shape only smaller and sew it so the fur is on the inside. I lined this shape with a small amount of stuffing and the added the shot. I topped it with stuffing, sewed up the top and then needle felted all over it , building my animal around the shape. It worked fine as long as I didn't try and deep needle into the shape. This would have broken the needle inside and then needed to have been ripped open or discarded. Good luck and don't forget to show us what you make.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi guys

thanks for all your help i am going to try with the bag then scult around it. i will post it when i have finished (if it looks ok  bear_grin )
big hugs susan

Board footer