Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

I was lucky enough to adopt myself a gorgeous bear!! I am the proud owner of one of Denise Purrington 's bears, from Out of the Forest Bears...

Denise I have always LOVED your bears....they are my absolute favorite. I always get so excited to see your new creations!!!

Anyway I was on Salt Spring Island home of Upstairs Bear....I'm sure you know who she is.....a wonderful lady and great bear collector. I stumbled upon her shop last year and cried like a baby when I walked in....seriously I was so taken aback by all the artist's bears! I never thought I'd see any of them in the fur let alone hold them.

So this year I bought one and it was the funniest thing to watch the airport security watch their screens as she went throught the xray machine!!  The lady was doing that thing with her head like dogs do...tilt it to one side and then back to the other it was soooo funny. Then she called a guy over and the two of them are nose to nose at the screen with these confused looks on their faces. I then heard her say" I've never seen anything like that before"  I said to Norm I think I better say something....so I asked them if they were wondering what's in the bag and they were "yeah" I said it was a teddy bear and I took her out and the guy starts looking at her and checking her out!! I was gonna start teasing him about looking up the poor little bears skirt but I thought that's probably not a good idea..LOL....so of course he asks me about the metal says"there's so much" so I explain the wiring and the weighting...heehee..the lady who was looking earlier is just smiling away!! So the guy shows me what she looked like..OMG!!!!! She looked frightening...LOL...it looked like I had some kind of alien or skeleton of a baby or creature or something.. :crackup:  It was way too funny!!!!! I wish I could have kept a picture of that xray!!!!

Anyway we all made it back and my sweet girl is sitting next to me.  I thought you might get a kick out of that story Denise.

Hugs
Kristina

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Kristina,
I make very realistic cats. I got called aside at an airport and I was pulled into a back room to check my bag. There were two inspectors. They unzipped my bag and they both jumped back and squealed bear_laugh It took a while to explain that these cats were in no way real! I frequently have trouble at inspection and I try to ship as much pieces as possible before my flight  bear_grin
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

Lucky you! Congrats on adopting one of Denise's bears!  I would love to visit Rona's shop.  Her photos on her website are so lovely - I ca only imagine how fantastic her store must be.

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

:crackup: Karen that is too funny! I would love to have seen their faces!!!

I'm very thankful that they didn't give me a hard time and let me go through...cause I'm not leaving without her!!!!  LOL

Kristina

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Rona's store is absolutely magical!!! Her pictures on her website don't even come close to what it is really like....Like I said the first time I saw it I cried..I was so over whelmed with joy...I'm happy to say I held it togther this time.... :clap: no tears!!! I can't wait to go back! Have to start saving my pennies!!!

Kristina

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I had a similar problem last May while travelling to Calgary. I was bringing a large hockey bear to my daughter and it has a bag of ss pellets for weight. He was put thru the scanner several times and them they also tested him for bomb-making residue bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kristina,
Thank you for sharing that story! Too funny! I'm afraid I'd never be able to look at that bear with picturing her insides!!! bear_laugh

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Heehee, She is such a nice bear. You are a lucky duck.  bear_grin  I'm just happy I got to hug her! heehee.

Hugs,
Melanie

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Oooooh, Kristina, I am so touched by your story. Thank you so much.  You have really made my day.  I too would Have loved to have seen the looks on The Inspectors faces & the x-ray.  Too bad it wasn't like an ultra sound and they could have printed you out a copy  bear_grin
Rona is such a neat lady & would love to visit her shop. Who did you adopt by the way?
Thank you again.  I hope you are having a woderful Summer.
Big Hugs,
Denise  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Oh boy Daphne!
I sure hope none of your kids ever need an xray!!
If so you might want to leave the room!! bear_happy

Board footer