Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Andrea Artemis bears
Devon

Hi everyone there is a local art car boot sale happening locally this weekend and i am trying to decide wether it is worth giving it a go with my bears. It is just off the town centre on sunday so there should be some passing trade and it is a pound for people to get in. It will be all new artist works there and mine would probably be the only bears. They apparently run well in london but this is the first one here. Does anyone have any thoughts on if it would be worth a shot or has been to one somewhere else. Your comments would be greatly appreciated

Andrea x

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I'd say one- it would depend how much it costs to do it? And two- what else you have that you could do that day bear_original
   If you aren't going to lose much by doing it, why not give it a go? You never know!:)

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Myself well I'd give it a try as long as the pitch doesn't cost too much. Being the only one with bears, your table should stand out. Make a nice display and print yourself some flyers or business cards for visitors to pick up. I often have sales after a show because of this. Good luck and let us know how everything goes.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Andrea Artemis bears
Devon

It only costs £7.50 for a pitch so not too bad i think i will see how the weather is and give it a go. Will let you know how i get on!

Andrea x

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

You might as well give it a go as it does not cost too much for a pitch and you have nothing to lose.Let us know how you get on.
Laurie :hug:

Andrea Artemis bears
Devon

Hi everyone just to let you know how i got on at the boot sale. It has been a really hot day which may have sent a lot of people to the beach rather than the town but there was a steady trickle of people most of the time. I sold one puppy to a lady who fell in love with him even tho she didn't collect bears and about 25 people took business cards so generally a success i think!

Andrea x

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Good for you.  Getting your name out there is the name of the game and you even got one sale.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hey that's great Andrea! :clap:

puca bears puca bears

GREAT - and as Eva said - getting your name out there is the name of the game. You'll have people searching you out soon!
Sounds like it was fun too - and not expensive. (this from someone who is groaning over the prices of travel and hotel for Hugglets, next month)
huggies
Maria

Board footer