Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

In the course of changing the entire look of my wonky very nonprofessional website something weird happened.  I couldn't see the new site but the thechnowizards at my hosting company could.

Well the whole purpose, in my mind, of the site was so that I could post pictures here.

To make matters worse, while being talked through uninstalling Norton and a few other programs my computer became quite ill.

My baby was sick.... my link to the real world- ( teds and gols) was unable to function for me....I had no access-

I was all alone......:(

It was wretched, horrible, beyond endurance....no sane conversation, no reality testing, no grounding...

On top of which I had all these new naked gollikins dancing around, yelling at me to hurry up!   "We want clothes!  We want names!"

Hurry Up!

Hurryup?  I was doing everything I could.....

It turned out to be as simple as deleting all my 'temporary internet files'.

Of course, Kevin, my new best friend at the hosting company, didn't come up with this, my honey did. 

Help me to understand, I am paying Kevins company big bucks, (well all right, not so big, just ten dollars a month) to know these things.  And it is my honey, who loathes computers, because he remembers the ones he had to work with 30 years ago- huge things with punch cards and equipment that took up a whole room, who says, " By gosh By golly do you think if we uninstalled Norton and deleted everything temporary, it might work?"

Everything temporary?  Turns out we have an odd file on our computer that holds "temporary internet files"  Who Knew?

By gosh, by golly?  Is he becoming more loving of the wollikins?

At any rate, I wanted to tell each and every one of you, I dearly missed your wonkiness, and your laughter and your wisdom....and I suspect it will take the next week to catch up.

Dilu:P

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Yikes ! I have to do that too...deleate the temp. files , they can fill up real fast. I had planed to do this every FRi. or Mon.  but you know...I get busy doing" stuff ". Oh it's so nice to hear we are all missed, by golly I feel the same way about my PC and this board and my ted friends, can't live with you all...Good to have you back Dilu...Winney

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Welcome Back Dilu,

I,m sure all your postings were missed by lots of us, at least your up and running again. Well, now your Gollikins will get clothes after all.Bet they are pleased too.  Hugs Rita xx

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Helloooo Wonky Woo Dilu
I wondered where you were!

I'm glad you got the old computer sorted out - i delete all temporary files regularly as i would go nuts if mine went all wonky :o

All those poor naked babies Dilu - you must make them some clothes to cover their modesty -oooh la la (that was for the benefit of our lovely French Babe Marion) hee hee

I am in the middle of making three french clowns at the moment - gosh they're fiddly to do :P

Penny

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Hi Dilu, glad you overcame the website problems and are back in action.  I need to delete temp. Int. files too.  Another thing that helps things load faster is to defrag your hard drive.  I have only done that once since I've had my computer...2 years... (didn't know any better til I was told) and it made an immense improvement. bear_original

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Dilu !!!
You're back here !
That's just perfectly great. :)

Penny : I love when you say "Oooh la la" ! bear_laugh

Bonjour Marion

'je suis une fis unique' - that's about all the French i know Marion - and it's true because i am an only child :D

au revoir moi petit jolie

Penny bear_tongue

Hi everybody

I do defrag about 2x a year.....but the temporary file thing....total news.  Winney-might know you would have such practicle advice-

we write on the calandar when the pacific power guy is coming to read the meter cuz it helps to unlock the gate...

why not write down when to delete?  I think I will

Thanks guys- I really didn't know

Marion, C'est dommage....I just can't remember that much of the French I had learned.  I was told when you start dreaming in the language you are trying to learn you are really doing it right....I still remember the morning I woke up and realized I had been dreaming in French!  I was soo excited!

Penny- you would have been unique even if you had 10 brothers AND  20 sisters!!!  Let's face it, just not everyone can be Wonky!

Huggies to all

And I don't mean adult diapers!  :D:D

Dilu:P

SHAME - i could do with some adult diapers

Penny bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I empty my temp files daily, which includes temp internet and cookies (which is only a good idea if you have your websites bookmarked). Also, don’t forget to empty out recycling bins, they can slow a computer down also…:)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Glad you're back with us, Dilu . . . you were missed!  bear_laugh

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh yeah Dilu!  Glad you're back!!!!  Ugghh!  I hate it when things go wrong with the computer!  (who doesn't??)  Now you'd better get some clothes on those Gollys!!

Edited to say...  I understand about the withdrawl!!!!!  I'm trying to not be on the computer so much and I always feel like I'm missing something bear_rolleyes

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I know what you mean..I was on this morn  and read all of the posts..now, it's 5:14 and there's a bunch more !
                                                                                                                    .............Winney

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu, I wondered where you were too!
Glad  you are back :lol::D:lol:

I had been dreaming in French!

quel genre de rêve que vous observiez ?
était-ce bon rêve ?
what kind of dream !? was it good ? he he

Bear Hugs/Marie

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

:D
You're wonderful, girls ! Your French is soooo nice !

In Switzerland 38 years ago they did not have very many billboards.  But I remember one, because it made me laugh so hard;

(Marion I wont spell things correctly, but please correct me)

Tout va mieux avec COCO COLA.....

So, I learned my German from commercials and children's shows, and my French from a billboard?

Too funny-

of course that was in the days when Coke tasted really good.....just isn't the same any more.

Oh my gosh, next I'll be saying that I clomped to school in 20 foot drifts of snow and lived on bread and water....I've become an old fart!

Help.......have to change, have to change!!

Ohmmmmmmmwonkyness is healthy......

Dilu:D:D

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

It's correctly spelled:) (mm... but cocA cola, just like in United States  bear_happy ).
Hugs:).

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was just thinking last night that it seemed awfully quiet without you, Dilu! I was thinking/hoping you were off doing something fun and exciting. I guess not!:/ Glad you are back amongst the wacky, loving, bear hugging bunch of us!
Hugs, Daphne

Board footer