Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi to all.

I'm handling the Christmas Card Swap and wanted to post new information.  For the sake of clarity I'm starting from scratch.  That means that, if you've sent in an address already, you will need to resend.

I'm making executive decisions on behalf of all, for the sake of efficiency, and without a lot of rehashing and input.  But if there's something in what I suggest, below, that leaves you totally aghast, please do let me know.  I'm more than open to accommodating as many people as possible.  At this point I'm going for K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid.)

I will be producing a confidential, TT-eyes-only mailing list, for distribution to participating swap members, via email.  This document will be produced in Microsoft WORD, which uses a .doc file format.

If you want to participate, here's what you need to do:

1.  Send me an email at my private address, info@potbellybears.com, which includes ALL of the following six pieces of information, in this order:

Name
Address
City
State
Country/Zip/Postal Code
Your email address

2.  Send the information PROMPTLY, by Friday night, November 11th, at midnight PST.  That's two days from now.

3.  Wait for me to send you an email, to the address you include (see above), which contains the .doc mailing list.

==========================================================================

Once you get the mailing list, here's how to send out your swap cards:

1.  Find where your name is located on the mailing list.

2.  Starting with THE NAME DIRECTLY BELOW YOURS, check off five people.  These are the people to whom you send your cards.

3.  If you're at the bottom of the list, and there aren't enough people to "check off" to reach a total of five, wrap your checklist around to the start of the list as necessary.

PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS THREAD OR PRIVATELY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS.

To keep things fair, please send cards with paper contents (cutouts, confetti, photos, business cards, etc.) only.  There's nothing worse -- in terms of guilt potential, I mean -- than a well-meaning holiday card sent from the heart, for which you receive a ten-pound box of chocolate in return.  Oops!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bravo, Shelli!  :clap:

That's what we needed, well thought out guidelines from the start. Which is hard to do when things just sort of pop into your head and right onto the board with the best of intentions! Hind sight is always 20/20.  :rolleyes:

Thank you!  bear_flower  bear_wub  :lol:

Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Yes, well Mandie and all of you did all the groundwork, so kudos to YOU and Mandie for that.  I got to start with ideas already up my sleeve. ;)

The list will be compiled in a first-come, first-served order, by the way.  I don't have time for fancy rearrangement and alphabetizing.  When your address arrives in my inbox, you get stuck on the list, next.  Hope that's okay with all.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Aww, you mean you won't alphabetize by the third letter of our street name? Numeralize (is that a word?) by the last number in our post code?  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_tongue

OK, I'm wasting your time with stupid sillies....

Thanks again for doing this!
And thanks to Mandie for getting the whole thing started! It really is a great idea!  bear_grin   :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Bravo, Bravo Shelli ♪  :clap:  bear_flower  :love:
I'll send my e-mail to you soon.  :bday:

and Thanks for Mandie for start this good
ideas. I'm so exited about getting REAL
christmas card from you girls/boys.

:hug: Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A HUGE thank you to you, Shelli, for taking responsibility for this card swap effort.  It started out as a great idea on Mandie's part and I hate that it broke down into hurt feelings.  So - whatever you have to do keep that from happening again - well I'm all for it!  You go, Girl!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Send cash.  That will keep my spirits RIGHT up there.  Cracking up here...

It's actually my pleasure, and I think everyone will have great fun with it.  Hopefully, even Mandie... (hint, hint to her...) bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Cash? We can still follow instructions and send cash.....paper money.......how much do you want?

Thank you for starting the whole thing over, Shelli, and Mandie, if you are lurking darling, we couldn't have done any of this without you forging the way.....

bear_tongue

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I nearly missed this as it had gone onto the page 2. I forget when I'm asleep 2/3 of you are awake and chatting away. I thought I'd post a reply so it goes on page 1 just in case it happens to someone else.

Thanks Shelli for finishing Mandie's project.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well done.  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Just a reminder...

If you'd like to participate in the TEDDY TALK Christmas Card swap, you'll need to have your information (see first post in this thread) in to me by midnight tonight, Friday, November 11.

Thanks to everyone who has sent their info already.  I'll finalize the list by Saturday and get it sent out ASAP.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I sent you an email last night and I hope I wasn't too late to enter.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Of course, I accepted stragglers.  Chrissie, got your mail; you're in like Flynn.  Hakuna Matata (meaning, no worries; Judi wrote that to me in a note this morning.  Works here!)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

....it's my problem freeeeeeeee.....  philosophyyyyyyyy...Hakuna Matataaaaaaaa :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh great! Now I've got that stuck in my head girls!!!  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_wacko  bear_grin

I looooooooove those movies!! Cried a lot!  bear_cry

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli !!!!  :love:
Thank you for the list and for your time and all that hard work.  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Shelli, I just wanted to say you've done a really great job on this. Very clear cut and organized. Thanks for taking this on.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Shelli,

I sent an email yesterday and I hope that I was not too late for the cut off time.
Sorry, I had not got around to TT, as I have had a busy weekend.
Thanks very much Shelli and Mandie for all your hard work in organizing  this Christmas card swap.

bear_original bear_original bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original You did a wonderful job on the list, Shelli! Thanks  :hug:

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

You're most welcome; it was my pleasure.  And thanks again to Mandie for the idea and for the initial steps in coordinating and present the idea to the group.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hi all.

Just a little note to let you know that this afternoon, I mailed out the Christmas Card Address List -- FINAL version, to those people already signed up and participating.

If you didn't get it, let me know either here, via email, or PM, and I'll get you a copy of it ASAP.

Thanks!

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

:dance:  Thanks Shelli - You are a gem........  :clap:

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I had intended to do the Christmas card swap...sent my address to mandie, but the 11th was the day my nephew died and you can imagine i didn't think of it again.
Just now i don't think I will do any cards at all.
But just wait..next year I will send those who do the swap some really great Aussie cards.
Hope you all enjoy the card swap. I think it is a fun idea.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Susan,
I am so sorry to hear your very sad news.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGSFOR YOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jane  bear_flower

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

:hug: Oh Susan ,I'm so sorry   bear_cry  bear_cry Please take care  :hug:   :hug:

Board footer