Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Bearyme Posts: 11

bear_original I don't think it has sunk in yet but my bear is on the BBAA nomination list... I did a wee dance too anne-marie  :dance:  Congratulations to everyone else too. Will I see any of you at Hove? Being my first awards ceremony I'm a wee bit nervous. I will also post a pickie later.

Bear hugs, Claire

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

congratulations claire, :dance: i'm really nervous its my first time too,it does take a while to sink in,i'm going to hove,but i dont have a stall,so i'll be popping in and out and maybe spend a couple of hours having a wander about hove or brighton,get some fish and chips,be nice in the rain!
do post a pic,i'd love to see your bear[s]
hugs sandra

puca bears puca bears

Huge congrats, Claire......... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
and photo PLEASE!!!!!!!!

big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

ToyboxArts Posts: 61

Congratulations! Sounds exciting. I'm new to the bear "scene" and didn't even know about all the shows and awards and stuff bear_original

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Congratulations Claire! :hug:
It's my first time too so I'm a bit nervous aswell... I also have my first stall so I'm frantically trying to get everything ready although, to be honest, I don't know if what I'm doing is right??!! bear_rolleyes  Do you have a stall?
Try not to worry, it'll be lovely to put names to faces when we all meet up next weekend. I'm not looking forward to leaving home at 4am though!
Love & Hugs,
Julia x

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Hugs, Susan.

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Congratulations, Claire, and please, please show us a photo of you nominated bear (I'm soo curious  bear_whistle )

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Congratulations Claire , that is such exciting news  :dance:  :dance:

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Congratulations Claire. I can't wait to go either!
It's my first time being nominated in these awards too. I have never been to Brighton or Hove so I decided not to book a stall and have a wander around instead. We go down there on Saturday and come home on Monday.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Many Congratulations, Claire !  :clap:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the bear you entered.
Don't keep us waiting too long...  bear_laugh

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Huge congrats, Claire . . . how fantastic!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Big congratulations Claire!  I know how you are feeling as this will be my first time too and I have no idea what we have to do or when we have to get there.

Does anyone know???

So enjoy your day and good luck with your nomination.  Look forward to meeting you amidst all the bears!

Hugs

Marilyn

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Sorry, can't help you on that one Marilyn. I did send an email asking the other week, but I still haven't got a reply. My plan is to get there at the start of the show and play it by ear.

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Congratulations Claire!  :dance: I'm sure everyone will have a fab time at Hove  bear_grin

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

hi claire,marilyn and kat,from what i know we can arrive from 8 am[yikes] to start setting up ready for the start of the show at 10am,i dont have a stall to set up,only my nominated bears,so i plan to get there for about 9am,this info was in the stuff i received with the application forms by download,so i assume it's correct bear_wacko
hope this helps
hugs sandra

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

We did get a letter last year advising a time when we needed to display our nominated pieces by - might still be time to receive one yet ??
I know they have to stay in place until 4pm . I think it was 10 am they had to be in the (separate) judging room ... which ties in with the
"doors opening" . I'll probably try and get there for 9.30 am .

Mini Hugs , Ruth  bear_flower

(Also ; Congrat's Claire !  bear_thumb  :clap: )

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Congratulations Claire,

I too received my nomination 2 weeks ago and have shipped my bear piece off to Wendy at Wendy's World Fairs.  If you haven't heard back from her, please try again.  Shes probably busy organizing everything,  she has always looked after my bears for me in the past.   I'm sure she has all the info...

Good luck in Hove and Do take pictures!!!!

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Hi All,
I have a stall & Wendy Sent a letter out informing that we can be there to set up as early as 7.30am!! The show is open from 10am - 4pm so I'm assuming the bears will need to be there during that time for judging? I'm sure it'll all become clear once we arrive?
I'm leaving home at 4am so I can't really go much earlier!! bear_grin I'll be the one with the matchsticks in place to keep my eyes open lolling around behind my stall trying to stay awake!! Probably best not to come after 3.00 as I'll be under the stall catching up on my sleep!! :crackup:
So looking forward to meeting you all... Please come up & say "hello" if you can & I don't see you first? I'm on the first floor...
Hugs,
Julia xxx :hug:

bear_original Thanks everyone. It's great to know that I'm not the only newbie. Sandra, I don't have a stall either and my bear and I are probably going to be getting there on public transport... hope I can get there in time! Where do I put my bear... is there a table for them or something? look forward to meeting those who can make it :hug:  I'll be the one looking a wee bit lost bear_whistle  Big hugs, Claire

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Last year there was a side room on the ground floor for the judging / viewing by the public .
Just ask the people on the desk as you enter the building . By the way there is a multi-storey car park
right opposite the Town Hall in Hove . The fair itself was on the 1st floor in one room .

Hope this helps  bear_original

Ruth

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

don't worry claire,you wont be the only one looking a bit lost,thats if i even get there and the butterflies in my stomach have'nt eaten me before then  :crackup:
i don't even know why i'm so nervous or what about  bear_wacko
hugs sandra

puca bears puca bears

Really wish i could come too! Don't be nervous, girls - sounds like you are going to have a terrific time.
ENJOY :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
huggies
Maria

Thanks Ruth you have been very helpful :o) Sandra and Marilyn I'll keep my eye out for you other lost wanderers  bear_wacko that face definitely fits me  bear_grin Julia, I will come and see you at your stall... wow, how exciting  :clap: I'm sure you will do really well. Kat will see you & any other TT's too who can make it. When I get back will share all the news... and photos with everyone. Thanks for all the support  bear_wub

Big hugs, Claire

Maria... you need to get organized and come join us next year! Sorry you can't make it  bear_sad

Board footer