Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

JUDI!!!!! EVEN IF I SAY SOMETHING IT WOULD DEFINATELLY WON"T BE ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE YOUR TALANT AND AMAZING CREATURES YOU MAKE.

Your bears and animals have souls and those eyes are trully alive... :love:

Julia

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Wonderful ,fabulous ,gorgeous.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow Judi, your lion is fa fa fa fa fabulous ! and I echo to everyone
I don't have enough word to describe it !!  :clap: bear_wub bear_flower bear_thumb  :cool:

Your air-brush work is true *MAGIC* !!    :cool:
Thanks for sharing .
:hug: Marie

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Judi,
I e-mailed the pictures of your lion to my mom, becuse she isn't on the board. She thought he was pretty in the before picture and thought he was stunning in the after photos.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

greenjane.jpgFandabydozzy! What an awsome lion and a very cute lamb. Judi you astound me and make me green with envy...hey girl how come your so clever! Admire yer loads you clever thing you!  bear_thumb bear_thumb

Jane  bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jane, you're hysterical, woman!  Too funny!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Ditto, Wow Wow WOW , well done Judi.  :clap:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

It is amazing that you can turn a plain colored lion (or bear) into such a gorgeous one!!  Just awesome!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

bear_wub bear_original :love:I am very touched by all your wonderful comments.  I never expected quite all this.  Thank you very much.  I truly enjoy sharing my critters with you all and I enjoy even more seeing all your creations.

Jared, that was very sweet of you to show my lion to your mom. bear_wub

Jane...you are TOO funny!!!

This board inspires me to do more.  Do any of you feel the same? bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

My dear Judi,
Your work is exceptional!  Thank you for showing before and after pictures.  You have perhaps inspired another artist to give air brushing a try. 

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Polo, IL

Judi -
I have gotten some great ideas from the board that I am waiting to try I just need to get the time to do it all.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I hear ya, Jared.  Would that we could stuff an extra, say, ten hours, into the day... <sigh>

Judi, I think that Karen Lyons, who makes those great kitties, also starts with white fabric -- in her case, plush.  I'm not sure how she tints and paints her cats, but I've read that they start out pure white, too.  Such a daunting prospect; that.  I think I would panic!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

SHelli, You could do it...I bet many of you could.  Look at a plain white animal as a canvas just waiting to come to life.  Think of the possibilities.

Karen Lyons does incredible work! bear_thumb bear_thumb

Deb Upstate New York

Judi ~ Don't know how I missed this post, but this guy is awesome! 

With such a large area of airbrushing, can you "set" it like in the clothes drying on a rack?  Long day if you have to take the blower dryer to him.

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

He's gorgeous

How about Leonie? or Lionae get the idea?
Ann G.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Judi,
I just have to add to the praise. Wonderful job!
Amy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deb, I have to tell you that these paints hardly need heat setting.  For one thing, if you ever submerge something like this in hot water you would need to worry about more than just the paint running.  Second...youshould see the towel I used to test spray before airbrushing.  It has more paint on it then my finsihed peice.  I have put this towel through the washer and dryer and no paint came of that.  So.....heat setting...not much neede really. :thumbsup:

Thank you all so mcuh for the great comments! bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow Judi - a totally awesome pair  - you are a very talented Lady.

Deb Upstate New York
Judi wrote:

Deb, I have to tell you that these paints hardly need heat setting.  For one thing, if you ever submerge something like this in hot water you would need to worry about more than just the paint running.  Second...youshould see the towel I used to test spray before airbrushing.  It has more paint on it then my finsihed peice.  I have put this towel through the washer and dryer and no paint came of that.  So.....heat setting...not much neede really. :thumbsup:

Thank you all so mcuh for the great comments! :love:

Judi, were these were your favored Liquitex?  I just used some Dye-Na-Flow that def needed heat setting.

piegabaer Speyer/Germany

Wow, I´m deeply impressed   bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Polo, IL

Judi,
You have to show a picture of the towel.
Mom just uses a paper towel that she tosses.

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Awesome Judi. My creations feel naked without airbrushing. bear_flower bear_thumb bear_wub

Board footer