Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

:clap: Many Congratulations to Marylin at Barling Bears, Pauline at Valewood Bears & the lovely Claire who all picked up awards yesterday! :clap:
They were thoroughly deserved by all the winners but I know none of the above like blowing their own trumpets so I'm doing it for them!  :hug:
It was lovely to meet everyone & we'll all keep in touch so it was worth the hard work!
Love & Hugs to All,
Julia x  bear_wub

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats to everyone that won!  How did your stall go Julia?

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Many Many congratulations to all the TT winners  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Please please please can we see the photos of the award winning bears (they are not on the bear basics site, except for Marilyn's gorgeous Persimmon)  :pray: !

Hugs to all of you  :hug:

Peter

Bearyme Posts: 11

Elliot-09-009.JPGThanks Julia  :redface: Your stall was fabulous! Everyone who stopped to look obviously loved your bears... rightly so, they are adorable  bear_wub I had a lovely time, it was so sweet for you and Mark to let me hide behind your stall and thanks for looking after me  bear_flower  and to Olive and Angelo too who also kept me company and pointed me in the right direction when needed. Congratulations from me to all the well deserved nominees and award winners, the standard of the entries was amazing. The judges had a really hard job to do.

Now as promised I will attempt to post a pic of my wee bear Elliot... there's no-one to play conkers with!  bear_sad Hope it works! Big hugs, Claire

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi Julia ,
it was such a pleasure to meet you - and you had such a lovely stall full of bearies !  bear_thumb
Many congratulations to all the winners  :clap:  I was very pleased to pick up a 2nd place award for my miniature , Tiffany. bear_original  bear_flower

Mini Hugs , Ruth

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Ruth, I'm SO sorry... :redface:
I didn't hear that you won too? Many, many congratulations!
It was a pleasure to meet you & I'm so glad that your journey was worthwhile! :hug:
Much Love,
Julia x  bear_wub

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Hi Katy,
I really enjoyed doing the stall, thanks! It was hard work but really enjoyable to talk to other artists & collectors who stopped by to say hello. As I've never been to a fair before, let alone the stall, I'm told it was really quiet? This was the only downside of the day but at least it gave Claire & myself time to visit all the other stalls while my poor Mark held the fort! I owe him a HUGE thank you as he helped me so much - I couldn't have done it without him!

I'm also officially IN LOVE with Katie Rae bears & found Katherine a real inspiration. I can't tell you how I resisted the temptation to part with even more of my money to her! Does anyone else have one of her little characters?
Very tired hugs!! :hug:  :hug:
Julia x

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Congratulations to all the winners!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Claire, your Elliot is absolutely beautiful, you've really deserved your award!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
WoozieJu wrote:

I'm also officially IN LOVE with Katie Rae bears & found Katherine a real inspiration. I can't tell you how I resisted the temptation to part with even more of my money to her! Does anyone else have one of her little characters?
Very tired hugs!! :hug:  :hug:
Julia x

Julia I don't own any of her bears YET, but they are adorable and some of the best pieces one can find at a bear show. I will certainly be doing my best to pick one up from her in the future. They are just so adorable, I was surprised that non of her bears took a first place at the BBAA's (not to say the one's that won didn't deserve it).

I hear it was very slow at the show as well, perhaps some improvements are needed by the promoter to try and bring in more collectors to the show. I know at one point it was one of "THE" show to do in the UK would be nice to see this show come back to it's original glory so to speak.

Hugs and big congrats to all the winners.

Shane

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Julia, bear_flower

It was really lovely to meet you and have a chat yesterday, your table looked super and I am delighted that you had a really enjoyable day.  Hope
Mark enjoyed himself too! (you'll soon get him trained!)

But you are a little monkey - (but thank you for the mention) :redface:  :redface:  :redface:   
My bear "Persimmon" came 2nd in Category 4.  It was my first competition so I was somewhat shocked!

There were quite a few TT-ers who also received awards yesterday and hopefully there will be a list somewhere detailing the full results, but can I
just congratulate everyone, in particular Ruth, Claire, Shelly, Pauline, Julie, Lorraine, Maria, Ann-Marie and .. oh, how annoying, I can't remember a couple of names at this moment, I do apologise, but we had such a lovely chat too!  Mmm, having another senior moment!!!  sorry!   bear_wacko  I am sure there are plenty of others too.

Hugs to everyone. :hug:

Marilyn x

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Many congratulations to all the TT's who participated and won.   I was very happy to receive an email from Maria who asked Olive to keep an eye out on my competition piece.

I am estatic to have my first place won and wanted to share my news with you all.
Thank you again and Congratulations Maria also.

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

A BIG well done to all the TT winners!
Every award was thoroughly deserved! I didn't realise how many other TTer's were there? Very sorry to have missed you....
:clap:  :hug:  :clap:
Luv Julia x

puca bears puca bears

I got a second place - I should be really pleased, but I'm rather upset about the whole thing..........
I was told last week that my Black bear (my current avatar) would be moved to the DRESSED category because of his "do not feed" sign.
I have ALWAYS tried to stick to the rules of a competition, but it seems they can be interpreted in more than one way - to my mind the bear IS undressed. If this matter had come up right at the beginning, and certainly BEFORE the bear had been nominated in the undressed category, I would have just withdrawn him from the comp - perhaps I should have done so last week ....ho hum........
If I had  a bear in a DRESSED category, and got beaten by an UNDRESSED bear, I wouldn't have been best pleased - so I feel really awkward and embarrassed about it all.
Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid especially as this comes on the heels of the total disappearance of my Taiwan comp. bear, but I'm just left feeling upset..........and I always thought that competitions were FUN!
On a brighter note - HUGE congratulations to everyone - it's lovely to see so many friends amongst the winners! And such GORGEOUS bear - well done everyone :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
And big thanks to Olive for taking my bears in..........I KNOW you are lurking out there - come in and take a bow!
big huggies
Maria

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi there, Just got back home late last night!!!!

Thank you Julia, how lovely it was to meet you and your lovely bears, so pleased you enjoyed your first fair. Hope to see you again at another one soon.  Was nice to meet Claire who was helping you out too.

It was also nice to meet the lovely Marylin from Barling Bears and to meet up again with the lovely Ruth and Dawn again and lots of others, really enjoyed it. 

I was pleased to get a 2nd place for my bear in category 3, especially as I forgot her and after travelling by coach for around 60 miles I suddenly remembered and had to get off the next stop, go all the way back home for her, then get the train (as we were out of time as coach takes so long) and then had to battle with the tube station at London with all the luggage for the stand, competition bears and clothes for the weekend etc.  bear_grin   :crackup:  :crackup:   We always have some sort of catastrophe when ever we travel  :crackup:  :crackup:   Will put a picture up of the bear when I can get around to it.

Huge congratulations to all the other winners, the bears were fantastic  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs

Pauline

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

A big congratulations to all that won awards :hug:  :dance: . I can see my name on Marilyns post but I haven´t got a clue if I won or not. There hasn´t been any emails or a list of those who won so I just have to wait and see..... :whistle:.
I wish I had been able to be at the show myself. It looks like you all had a lot of fun. bear_thumb
Again congratulations to all!!!!! :dance:  :hug:

Hugs
Ann-Marie

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Many congratulations to all the winners  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki xx

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Ann-Marie,

A big congratulations to all that won awards    . I can see my name on Marilyns post but I havent got a clue if I won or not. There hasnt been any emails or a list of those who won so I just have to wait and see..... .

I have already emailed you about your bear!!!!  Take a little look!!!

Hugs

Marilyn x

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

It was great  to catch up with everyone on Sunday, and to have the opportunity to see all the nominations in the 'flesh' . There were some wonderful bears and rabbits and dogs :clap:  :clap:  I was placed 2nd in the'Furry Friends category with 'The Squire'. 
I think we may have to wait till the magazine comes out next year to see exactly which artist won with which particular entry. I don't think Teddy Bear Times has a website where they can post this information like some of the other mags.

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

Thank you so much Marilyn. I have now been to check my email and I am very happy to say that I came on second place in my category... :dance:  :dance:

I am so happy about it and I want to say a big thank you to Marilyn (Barling Bears) for looking after Miss Ellie Red Hood until February.

Hugs
Ann-Marie

Waterloo, Ontario

Wow good for you Maria and congrats on your win. I do have to agree with you though that if I was in that category I would be a little put out with that bear being called dressed. Try standing beside a sign naked and telling people oh it's ok, I'm considered dressed because I'm standing next to this sign. I always thought dressed actually meant clothing, or the bear was designed in such a way that the fur was made to look like a piece of clothing. That's how the rules are with the US awards. I likely would have pulled my piece and any other's I had in the competition in protest, but then again that's me and I don't have a lot of patience for stupidity. Maybe next yr they can try and set the rules in such a way that they are understandable.
I"m sorry the win in tainted for you and you feel frustrated but I would be frustrated as well. I'm frustrated for you sweetie,

big hugs
Shane

puca bears puca bears

Tthank you so much Shane - you make me feel a whole lot better about it all! You really are a sweetie, and a good friend
great big hugs
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
ps it's too b......... cold to hang about naked!!!!!!!!!!(sign or no sign) :crackup:

Waterloo, Ontario

LOL well you must be getting our cold weather, it's actually not to bad here today, the snow was actually melting a bit. But other parts of Canada are freezing, I hope they keep he cold weather.  Glad I could make you feel better, it's what I strive to do lol.

big hugs

Shane

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Congratulations everyone, you must be thrilled!  :clap:

If I were in your spot I'd be just as baffled Maria, I don't blame you at all! You are so right in your thinking if you had won how the others would have thought..... oh well I am sure they had their reasoning! bear_happy

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Hi All,
Just wanted to show you all a picture of the stall at Brighton... Mark had to help me as I'm rubbish with the computer etc!  bear_grin
bbf_web.jpg
Hope it works!
Hugs, Julia xxx

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Looks great, and love the name in the train!

Pages:

Board footer