Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I could use a bunch of bears here to help me clean up the flood in  my basement.  It is a finished basement so the carpets are all soaked.  Seems a rodent decided to make a hold next to the house which let all the rain we've been getting down into the basement.  Oh joy!  Gives me something else to do on Christmas Eve.   This too shall pass...

John Paul Port Posts: 214

We are so sorry-----keep your spirits up!!!!

Missouri
Website

bear_grin  Yep, spirits up...could be a lot worse things.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Oh, yuck! I feel for you, Lenora.  bear_sad

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Oh my dear, Lenora, what an awful thing to happen on Christmas eve.  bear_sad

My bears tell me that they would love to help you (in thought).  bear_happy

Don't let it get you down; it will certainly  be a Christmas to remember !

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Oh dear Lenora,

I'm sorry you have to clean up such a mess on Christmas Eve. My bears and elves would love to come help but I'm afraid it will take them days to get there.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Oooh so sorry,  Keep telling yourself "This too shall pass"  what a good attitude.
Have a wonderful dry evening,
Joanne

Missouri
Website

I suppose my Christmas bear would love to help but I thought he should keep his beautiful white fur out of the mess...
The water is still leaking but slowing down.  Hopefully it will stop soon...we put a bunch of rock and dirt into the mess!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Oh No!!!!
That's not good!! :(
Must have been a big rodent to cause such damage.
Well I bet Santa won't be bring him anything for Christmas!
Hey how about a big rat trap! bear_grin

Missouri
Website

Don't know what kind of varmint it was...there are so many out here! LOTS of squirrels but they live in our oak trees...moles, and some little thing that looks like a funny mouse but is slow...muskrats, snapping turtles, and big catfish in the pond...armadillos...racoons...snakes...etc!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh what an absolute nightmare for you, you don't need that to happen at Christmas time (or anytime).   :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

Missouri
Website

I am happy to say, for the time being at least, the basement is dry again!  Does anyone know what to do to get rid of the musty smell on the carpets???

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry!!!!  Yes, a terrible thing to happen any time.. but especially Christmas Eve  bear_cry

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

not sure if it'll fix the smell, but if you can get hold of a de-humidifier for a few days that should help, at least it did when the house I lived in in Canada flooded the basement, it was about 3 feet deep!

Missouri
Website

WOW...was there carpet?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

yep, and a pile of my clothes waiting to be washed!  Not to mention mine and the other kids' bedrooms, and a downstairs living room.  Took a couple of months to sort out, but the dehumidifier worked wonders.  Good luck!

Missouri
Website

I'll have to try that for sure...I have a humidifier and an air cleaner but I'll have to check into the dehumidifier...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

A dehumidifier (or two) is a great idea, and run any fans that you have, but be prepared -- you might have to get rid of the carpet in the end. Once it gets wet, it can be a great place for mold and mildew to grow -- not a good thing at all.

Good luck!

Becky

Missouri
Website

The carpet in the family room and gallery are glued down burber and they are fine...we were able to suck most all of the water out with the carpet cleaner.  but, the carpet in the dinning room is a shaggy type and is not doing so well.  At least that is the only one that may have to go.

Board footer