Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey guys,
just chattin' on my dollmakers board and thought I'd share what we've been talking about.
Seems there is a new 'thing' going on at Ebay, and I thought it was important as alot of you sell off your websites.

A dollmaker friend, noticed there was an auction for a doll that she has for sale on her website, NOT ebay. So she contacted the seller and got this response.

"yes it is allowed to sell things that you dont own, in the US they do
   nothing else, it is called shopdropping, that way you dont have to
invest anything.I do not want to offend you,  people usulay do not mond how
their pieces are sold, its the endresult isnt it."

can you imagine?? So now we're wondering how often this happens to people.
That is soo wrong, how does this ebay lady even know that she will sell the Doll to her? She has no right to try and sell it, and the buy it now price is $1700. Good thing there are no bids.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up,

Heather

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Wow, the nerve of that lady.  I presume she's referring to dropshipping, though real dropshippers sign CONTRACTS with the people they do business with, by my understanding.  She has no legal ground to sell someone else's work and then expect the doll artist to ship it to a third party out of nowhere.  It takes all kinds...

:wacko:
Kelly

Pipa UK

wow, can they do that ? without the owners permission ??

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SAY WHAT?????

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I find it very difficult to believe that isn't illegal in some way.  I hope this artist notified Ebay that the "seller" did not have permission to list her doll.  That is probably some patent response in hopes that noone reports them.   But what do I know...

Scarry and sad... bear_angry  bear_angry

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Well hopefully the people committing this kind of fraud won't get very far, because they'll be reported to eBay once they've been found out. Incredible though, isn't it?!!!  bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

No way is that how things are done in the US  bear_angry That's FRAUD, and its highly illegal!   bear_angry  I too hope this person was reported to ebay, as I don't feel the artist has to sell to them to fulfil their obilgation. 

As Kelly's said, dropshippers sign legally binding CONTRACTS with their suppliers....Thanks for the heads up!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yeah it has been reported to ebay.
It is sooo illegal, yes. Not only does she not have the product she is selling, but she stole pictures from the artists site. She even had the nerve to email the artist and ask about the size of the doll, just so she could put it on her auction. Looks like she is also selling more dolls. I wonder if she has any of them.

I just hope it doesn't start happening to bear makers.

Heather

Board footer