Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am looking for 0.4 and 0.5 mm crochet hooks.  We don't seem to carry them down here, and I have done a web search.

The site that does have them is in Canada but can't order online.

Nope, not taking up lace making.....but Berta  from Norway calls for them in her patterns for the crocheted itty bitty bears.......

Do you ladies know of any stores up there, with address that would have them and ship them down south?

Thanks

Dilu

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Dilu,

I don't know of any that would ship but I would be willing to buy them and ship them if you want.  I used to crochet but haven't for years. 

What site is it that you are looking at and maybe the store is in my area.

Jane

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Dilu
If Jane can't find them then I would be willing to look here in my home town
Hugs
Gail

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooh, Gail, love that bear!

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Dilu, What is the name of the store here in Canada? I don't know of any stores right off hand. Will check around.

Lynn

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Thanks Shelli- you have no idea how much your comment mean't to me!! You have made my day
Hugs
Gail :hug: :hug: :hug:

ellen ontario, canada

Michael's has a mega sale on this week!! - i'll check there for you if nobody else has found them yet.
bear_flower

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I ordered mine from Mignonettestich in the Maritimes but I just checked her site and they don't seem to be there.
http://www.mignonettestitch.com/threadbearssupplies.htm
It's hard to find the smaller sizes but I will try checking at Walmart for you - sometimes we get lucky. I think I may have an extra one at home as well that I can send you.  Have you joined the Yahoo thread bear site?
The threadteds are fun to make and I ordered a nice selection of the threads but it is a matter of time and I've been concentrating on my mohair collection.  :lol:

Marion

Brockville, Ontario

http://tedsfromthreads.com/frames.htm

This is an American site that has the crochet hooks and threadteds supplies!
I will still look for you here but you probably want to order some of the acrylic threads as well if you don't have them yet. The threads are neat - they can be brushed like mohair to make them fluffier.

Good Luck,
Marion

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Dilu, I have to go shopping this afternoon so I'll look too.  Do you prefer metal or plastic or do you care ?  They may only have metal in that size anyway. 

Marion, I'm in the Maritimes.  Where is that store you mentioned.  I've never heard of it ! ..........Never miind I just found it- 5-6 hours from me.

Brockville, Ontario

crochet-2-size.jpgthis is a pic of my 3" crochet bear

Marion

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'll help too, but sounds like everyone is willing.
Maion, nice crochet bear!!
And REALLY nice aviator bear. Wonder where that bear lives.........................??????????

Heather

Brockville, Ontario

snicker... I was looking thru my photos recently and decided I liked this bear for now. I hope you're treating him well! :love:

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

VERY cute bear, Marion!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Dilu, We will be out and about on Friday of this week and I will have a look for you. If they have them I will buy them and ship them to you. I will check with you first n case someone else has sent them.

Many Hugs Louise

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Dilu, the smallest I found today was a .6mm  metal hook. Since it was only a $1 I bought it.  If that is of any use I'll send it .

Wow! 

I am overwhelmed.  Thank you, you wonderful ladies

I used the links and like you could not find the hooks at Miginon......but TedsfromThreads has them along with, of course, allot of other neat stuff....I have sent her an e-mail about ordering.  couldn't get her shopping cart on paypal to load up....I am sure she will e-mail back and we will have a nice exchange of paypal funds for hooks and threads.

Just love e-commerce!

Thank you all so very much for volunteering to help me....You can't know how much I appreciate it.

I still think the UN needs to get rid of the diplomates and put the bearypeople and Teds and Gollies in charge.

Well, maybe not the Gollies.

They can be in charge of parties-

well, maybe

but not in charge of refreshments....I know they couldn't be trusted....they like to nibble.

:hug: bear_wub :hug:
bear_tongue

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, if you already have crochet hooks you should be able to do a search and find out what the equivelant US size is.  My hooks have both sizes marked on them and the smallest that I have is 0.75 which is also marked US 12. There should be  conversion information on the net somewhere.

I do and did- but didn't have the smallest of the small....I guess besides making teddies they are used in lace making. 

my old set is missing several-it is after all only 35 years old.  Hmmm how many moves has it been?  Ouch.

Did find a nice conversion chart, too

And the nice lady at TedsfromTheads and I have already conducted business- it is kind of scary how easy it is with paypal.

Pipa, let me know how much the hook is....if you haven't a needfor it I'll buy from you.  Thank you for going to the trouble

Honestly you guys are rather overwhealming~!  I do appreciate all your help.

hmmmmm

Where were you when I flumbled through algerbra in 1966?  :lol:

That was a real joke

Thanks again

:hug: bear_wub :hug:

Dilu

Marion, your little yellow fellow is surely very cute!

I hope mine come out as nice....

Dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Dilu wrote:

Where were you when I flumbled through algerbra in 1966?  bear_grin

I was being born.  January 27th, to be exact.

OH... was that not what you wanted to hear, Dilu?

<giggles>

bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_smile bear_smile bear_smile bear_smile bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower

Shelli

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

You have a decidedly delicious sense of humor, that I love!!

I, of course was a mere child prodigy in an excellerated class... bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Dilu

Who can't spell, or do algerbra....but somehow managed to get through Chemistry and get a nursing degree.

Of couse that was back when the Cracker Jack box gave you real prizes~!

bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I am a silly girl.  But don't say wicked or evil; just quick with the wit.  I actually feel about ten thousand years old, and married a man 14 years my senior, who's 53.  I really believe age is a state of mind.  Or, losing one's mind, in my case.  Honestly, I can hardly remember my head, just walking up the stairs lately.  Too much free-floating about in there, without any anchor.

Big hugs, Dilu.  :hug:

well, I guess you didn't see my post about the teddy icon in favorties.....

has it really been there all this time?

Is it possible my laptop never got it?

oh dear.....

So I'm a guessing we should reverse rolls here, and you are the child prodigy

The real question I guess we should be asking each other is why we are both up so late.....I have had smeone pull the plug on me in the past....I guess I'd better be going.....

I do love your sense of humor.  And I love the fact you can spell.
That is too neat....

sleepylu

But I was caught up last week and really wanted to stay there...

By the way Shelli- I really like the little girl in your new avatar....such a sweet face....

Oh dear- when the words start doubling its time

Board footer