Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Rinn Posts: 22

I can never tell in the pictures (because you can very rarely see both at the same time) are the front and back paw pads the same?  Particularly if you are using felt sculpted or trapunto styles.  Are they the same pattern/design just different sizes?

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Mine are the same design but I know I have seen some that are different so I guess it's just your choice!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Real bear's paws are different in the front than in the back. And most teddy bear patterns are designed with paw pad shapes that are different also. (Unless of course you are making a four legged realsitic polar bear for example.) It would benefit you greatly to buy a teddy bear making book or a pattern or two... you can buy online! You will also find free patterns online like at www.freeteddybearpatterns.net Do some reasearch, look through photos in the teddy bears & friends for sale section here on Teddy Talk... you CAN see the differences. There is also a "library" here on Teddy Talk  with links to past discussions on all kinds of bear making related topics. Look above your very first post up there, on the left, see the smiley face waving at your next to a drop down box with the word LIBRARY??? Look through the options in that drop down menu... you'll find a lot of useful info!!
bear_original

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

TTsaffire1.jpgjakeTT.jpg

This is entirely up to you!  Some of my patterns have different shaped paws for the front and back and others are the same.  So, I do it both ways.  Jake has 2 different sized paws and Saffire's are idential in size.  Just do what you like.  If you are pleased, collectors will be too.

Hugs,
Alison

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I'm with you Alison...do what you like!  That is why YOU are making the bear...to please YOU!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Ask the Bear how he wants his paws to look.   bear_grin

Board footer