Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

bearlj.jpgIntroducing my latest needle felted piece called "Too Pretty To Eat".  I finished this in December but this is the first opportunity i've had to show him off here.  This creation pushed my limits in a new way.  For the first time I included steel shot in the belly and I also waxed a nose for the first time (Thanks Joanne from Desertmountainbear for your help!).  Waxing noses isn't easy is it?  :crackup:

The bear is needle felted with corriedale wool.  He is 5 way thread jointed, has steel shot in the belly for a little more weight, german glass eyes and mohair eyelashes.  His nose is needle felted then waxed and polished.  The claws are handmade from polymer clay.

The fish is needle felted with corriedale wool.  She has Euro glass eyes and mohair eyelashes.  Her head has been embellished with seed beads.

"Too Pretty To Eat" is available for sale on my website.  bear_original

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He's lovely, such a happy little face  bear_wub

Pauline

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

GORGEOUS!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub He's wonderful!!  The waxed nose looks great! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

You did a wonderful job on him and his fish friend!   His nose is perfection!  Joanne is a great teacher!
Hugs,
Janice

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Beautiful needlefelting and detailing all over. This is a really great set, I just love them both.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Awesome set!  What a great imagination you have!  I love them both and that pink fish is scrumptious!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a cute pair, love the eyelashes on the fish and great job on the nose, I need to try that in the next day or so, I'm a bit nervous!

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

I agree, they are adorable, so expressive and I just Love the nose  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Great nose!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

bear_wub   Thank you all so much for your comments!

Katy, I was nervous too.  I kept putting off the attempt for some reason.  Give it a shot!  I found it to be a lot of work but I don't know if that's just because i'd never tried it before or if it actually does take that long. LOL!

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

Thanks so much Brenda!

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: wonderful in every way Hugs Lynne x  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer