Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I have been reading a past post on re-sizing patterns and it suggests using your printer, but my dear hubby has brought this all singing and all dancing printer that does everything BUT re-sizing  :twisted:  It can however scan my patterns onto computer and I spent hours yesterday trying to find a way to re-size it.  So I am pleading to any techno wizards out there who could help a computer simpleton, is there an easy  bear_grin free, solution to this?   :pray:

Hugs Ali

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

I insert the images into a Mircrosoft Word document and resize there. You can also resize them in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and use the resize option under Picture.

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

How can you resize in Microsoft Word?  Can you give me a little more info please.

Peggy

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

You can use Microsoft word by scanning with your photocopier and then  inserting the images and then use the format function.

Open a new document >Insert > Picture >double-click on image > under Picture Tools > Format > Size. Use a percentage , kind of works like a copy machine. Just remember to use the same increment on all the images. For example of one of your images says it is at 80% and another at 70% then you need to increase or decrease the same amount so all your pieces stay the same proportion.

Does any of this make sense? I do much better when I add pictures with instructions! You can try to search function in Word and search format images.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I have the program Photo Studio....I scan the picture...and then drop the edit box and resize using %...larger or smaller..

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thank you ladies  bear_flower  I had a go with Microsoft Word and managed to do it yipee  :dance:  however i can not find all the peices that I scanned, so only half the pattern has been enlarged.  Need to work on this alittle longer, I'm sure it is easy really :doh: .   I'm not sure if we have Microsoft Picture Manager (sorry I did say I was computer simpleton  bear_grin ).  Will have to sweet talk hubby when he gets home in a few days!  bear_whistle

Denise I don't have Photo Studio, but I have VSO image resizer.  But this was the programme I was playing with for a few hours the other day and I got nowhere with it.  Hubby had a go and gave up (he really has no interest in my "bear thing").

But at least I got somewhere, so a big thank you to you and I will now try and fingure out how to get the rest of the pattern, fingers crossed!

Hugs Ali  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Ali, is there anyway at all that you can just scan your pattern then tell the printer to print it a certain % .   I can't do it with the buttons on my printer, but can adjust it in my printer software.  I would think most new printers can do this.  It may just be a case of figuring out how , and that's not always easy bear_original 

What model printer do you have ?   Maybe I can find something on google to help you out.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I can go into the menu on my all in one printer and increase or decrease the percentage...watch though...if you let it sit for a few minutes it will revert back to 100%...

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Resizing can be tricky. If you are going up or down more than 20% you may find proportions just don't look right bear_ermm  This is especially true of shrinking patterns, legs can get too thin and faces can really look different. I usually end up redesigning the whole pattern when I go 20% or more in either direction.
Karen

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hello Ladies, sorry for not responding I have been away from home and just got back.  Thank you for all your input, hubby said he will look into our printer software "when he gets the time" grrrrrr. 

Tammy our printer is the Canon MP480, hopefully you might be able to help me then I can show off my skills to hubby!  bear_grin

Karen I'm still new to bearmaking and I have only had one go at designing with Paula's head challenge.  I will have another go in the future, but there are so many patterns out there that I would love to do, unfortunately some of them are too small for my sausage fingers.  bear_whistle   Thanks for the advice about keeping it to 20%, once I have worked it out, I'll keep that in mind! 

Thank you again, hugs Ali  :hug:

Board footer