Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Rinn Posts: 22

The Sydney Teddy Bear Fair is on next weekend and Helen from Bare Cub Designs is running a workshop.

I have been admiring her bears for a few years and they are what inspired me to start making my own bears.  I am currently a member of her Bare Designs Club, where I get a pattern each month and detailed instructions (as well as help from Helen directly if my newbie head just can't work something out!).  I am currently making my VERY FIRST BEAR following her pattern and instructions.

I have been waiting patiently to find out if my husband, Mum or Sister could watch my beautiful girls for me so I could attend the workshop (my hubby will be in cricket semi finals if they win today, my Mum may have been going to NZ on a business trip and my sister has been very under the weather with her pregnancy).

Well my Mum's plans have fallen though for now and my sister is feeling better so I CAN GO  :dance:   I really am VERY excited and am looking forward to it very much.

No real point to this post, just needed to share my excitement  bear_grin

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Teddy bear workshops ARE fun and exciting and I love your enthusiasm! So glad it is working out for you to go. Please post a pic of your bear when you get him finished - we'd love to see him! And have FUN!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Ooh, enjoy your workshop!

teeeej Brisbane

I'm attending that workshop!!! So see you there, should be loads of fun.  bear_grin

---
Therese

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I am so glad that you are able to go to the workshop and Helens bears are wonderful.  Workshops are just the best way ever of learning new techniques and just having a wonderful time with other bearmakers.  I am sure you will have the best day ever.  Let us know how it goes and we would love to see any piccies of your creation.

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

How wonderful! :dance:  :dance:  :dance: ENJOY!

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Your enthusiasm is fantastic!  Enjoy your workshop with Helen - her bears are amazing.

I'll be trading at the show so would love you to pop over and say hi if you get a chance.

Hugs
Marg
(Nikkel Bears)

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Have a great time at your workshop! Do not forget your camera so you can share with us!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I hope you are enjoying the show!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Yippee, Rinn . . . have a superb time!

Moo Posts: 26

Well, I'd be excited too!
I'm so envious, but UK here so can't really make any of Helens workshops.
Good luck with the bear, and hope you enjoy the workshop!  bear_thumb

Rinn Posts: 22

As it gets closer Im getting more excited. 

Bit stressful too as Im trying to get as much done as I can of the bear I am making from the club before I go, as well as selling a house, getting the house ready to sell bear_ermm  taking on extra work for my parents for the near future AND my girls seem determined to not let me sleep for any longer than 4 hours at the moment  bear_wacko

Regardless, Im counting down.  Only 4 more sleeps  :dance:

Hugglets sounds really cool to.  Shame there's no way I could be part of that one.  Maybe one day  bear_original

Board footer