Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Moo Posts: 26

hehe that's kinda funny  :crackup:

Any ideas what you could use it for?

I'm contemplating throwing all my cd's out and pc games just so I can use the tiny cabinet they are stored in  bear_whistle
Looking at all these photos makes me wish I had a more practical bf who could pop up a few shelves for me (I wouldn't dare do it myself) but alas, I had to fall for a geek  :hug:

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Wow Becky!  The cupboard is beautiful and everything is so neat and tidy.  I'm very impressed  bear_innocent   In fact, everyones' spaces look so neat and tidy.... I wonder if getting the camera out had something to do with it... bear_grin  bear_grin

South Wales

WorkshopWebSite.jpg

Well, I said I get a more recent photo and here it is.  This is my 'workshop' now where we're currently living in South Wales.  I have a few bears sitting on the shelf and you can just about make out a little scarecrow that my grandmother made for me when I was tiny, so he's nearly as old as me, just wearing better  :lol:

If you look carefully you can see Petit Bleu patiently waiting for his arms to be attached!  He didn't complain one bit - good little bear  bear_happy  bear_happy

I do need a more comfortable seat though, but this one is so handy as it just folds up and I can tuck away behind the cupboard.

Hugs,

P.S. Jeanette - my new ellie is also now sat on the shelf looking down and keeping watch over my progress...  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Oh, yes -- corner cupboards are so practical!

With the two lights that you've set up in there, it looks like a terrific place to work.

Becky

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Lovely photos everyone!!!  I will have to take photos of my 'new' studio.   I moved out of our office/dog room into the living room bear_original  We never used the living room at all... always use the family room in the back of the house.  I love it as now I have a great big picture window beside me for tons of light!

Jeannette & Lisa, I have a Chihuahua too!  OMG she's the love of my life!!!  bear_wub  I am new to the breed.  We got our Sequoya from rescue 2 years ago.  I can't believe I've lived this long without a Chi bear_happy

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

_3005414small.jpg  _3005416small.jpg  _3005421small.jpg
I have been LOVING seeing everyone's workspace.  I also live in a small house, so I have stuffing materials in the pantry, felting stuff in a pretty tote bag, and a basket or two with odds and ends here and there in the living room.  We do have a dedicated "art room" that the family shares, but is primarily mine and my husbands (he's a photographer).

My husband works on the right side of the big table--the computer, pirnter (below the desk), and his odds and ends are basically his photography "darkroom."  This weekend was one of the rare times when he decided to clear off his piles, so I thought I better take these photos right away.  He is very good though about leaving the left side for me to work on.  The kids, however, are not and frequently forget to clear off their drawings and projects.  But don't get the idea that I'm always very neat.   I'm not fond of clutter, but I do tend to leave stuff I'm working on out--I confess that I moved a bolt of muslin and another thing or two so that you could see the big table in all of its glory. bear_grin

The green cabinet is where most of my bear supplies are.  The 4 cloth boxes and the large bottom draw store my mohair.  In some ways it is good that I don't have that much storage room--if I don't have room for the mohair, I can't buy it! bear_smile  I use my featherweight to sew everything and I like that it works so well perched on my grandmothers old Singer treadle cabinet/machine.  Oh, and the black box on the side table stores my big jointing disks.

Cheryl

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

IMG_3151.jpg

Everyone has such beautiful tidy workspaces!  I prefer mine to be tidy too, but with a show on Sunday, this was how my room looked on Saturday ... the day before show day.

By the way Cheryl, I love the green and white you've used ... such peaceful spaces!

South Wales

Oh my, I've got workspace envy...  bear_cry  :redface:

Looking at all these lovely rooms makes me want my own  bear_noexpression

Cheryl, I think you have got to be one of the luckiest girls here with a room like that, love the colours and the airy feel of it.  How do you manage to have it so tidy too...?

Paula, where's the untidy part of your room?  bear_grin   I envy your nice view of all that greenery outside and your bears look very happy to be there.  bear_original

Hugs,

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

Great spaces ladies!!   bear_wub

Cheryl, I also inherited my grandma's old singer sewing machine!  I have never even opened the top of it though.  I keep it in my family room with pictures on top.  I did find a little metal plaque in one of the drawers that said:

Patented
USA
Dec. 11, 1900

Paula, I love your work space!  It looks so cozy!  I absolutely love taking a peek at where your wonderful bears are made!!  bear_wub

:hug:
*Jeannette

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I also have workspace envy.  Alas my work area (aka my living room) has a permanent bomb crater look about it, and I'm far too embarassed to publish that online!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Alright.... you guys have gone and done it..... inspired me to reorganize my studio!
Honestly, right now it's so messy the dogs can't even find their bed in there!
I went out and bought hangers today to hang all my mohair then I can put the shelves it's all on to better use.
I'll post pics when I'm done but it'll probably be a few days as one thing usually leads to another, you know how it is!

Keep the photos coming! I always love this topic and peering into people's lives this way! Such fun!! :dance:

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I have a sewing room that I call an organized mess.  I know where everything is but others may not think so.  I have a double closet full to the top with fabric and spilling out into the room from making clothing and quilts etc for many years and then there is all the faux furs that take up so much more room than mohair.  Oh and the cabinet full of patterns that is now overflowing.  And I haven't even got to the boxes and bins full of ribbon, accessories and supplies for everything I made.  Maybe some day I will get some pictures but first I really need to clean it up some  :crackup:

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Cleaning up - is what I continue to say ....... but then I have to try out some new idea ........ and cleaning up????? Well some day I will have a well organized bear-making-room and this day I will let you know ......... this can take years from now - hihihihi  :redface:

South Wales
Dreli-Bears wrote:

Cleaning up - is what I continue to say ....... but then I have to try out some new idea ........ and cleaning up????? Well some day I will have a well organized bear-making-room and this day I will let you know ......... this can take years from now - hihihihi  :redface:

Move house!  That's how it worked for me...   bear_grin  bear_grin  It's the packing and the unpacking bit which is a real bind  bear_rolleyes

Hugs,

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Omg - my hubby would kill me if I tell him another time to change home .......... no no no - better take the time to start cleaning up - but first of all have to work for my next fair in Germany next week at Wiesbaden!!!!

maybe after this cleaning up will work!!!! bear_whistle

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Move... LOL!!  Sarah you are too funny!   :crackup:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Such lovely work spaces ladies. I have enjoyed everyone's creativity. bear_original
Cheryl I too love your green and white and your beautiful floors! Oh my!
Truly spectacular!  bear_wub

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Everyone's workspaces are SO inspiring!  So many great ideas!  I really enjoy sharing studio photos.

And thank you for all of your lovely comments!  I do love that light , vintagey green.  I have some in every room on our first floor!--the cabinets in the kitchen, the rug in the living room, the dining room chairs.  bear_rolleyes  They aren't EXACTLY the same green color in each room, but it does flow so nicely and adds a lovely feeling.  And as for hardwood floors, it has gotten to be just about a "requirement" for every room in every house we live in!  LOL!  Thankfully we have no plans to move in the future.  I'm very happy in this little house.
Heaps of Hugs,
Cheryl

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

new-country-elephant-010.JPGiris-elephant-004.JPGiris-elephant-007.JPGiris-elephant-005.JPGiris-elephant-008.JPGWell I wasn't gonna post because my work space is so messy, haven't had time to clean and sort everything out. This is who sleeps on the pink bed every time I'm at my work space. Love her company.
The white cabinet has all my fabrics and my mohair and faux furs are in the draws below that, as well as the long dresser. I have a lot of scrap booking stuff and painting.
Please don't mind the mess! lol
I wish my space was as tidy as Paula's!!
Bear hugs,
Louise

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That looks like a crafter's paradise to me, Louise! (Sooo many goodies!)

I love your sleepy little friend, and those sweet elephants, too.  bear_wub

Becky

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Thank you Becky, its a mess. Sometimes Sadie(my sleepy friend) wants kisses through out the whole time I'm there trying to work. But there good kisses!!lol

Bear Hugs,
Louise

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, cleaning and reorganizing became a 2 day job but thank you all for the inspiration to tackle it!!! I feel like I can function in my studio again!  :dance:
Here are a few photos. I've posted more on my Facebook Fan Page. You don't have to have a Facebook account to see them!

25583_345511523517_191595178517_3430327_6345819_n.jpg

25583_345511553517_191595178517_3430329_8152866_n.jpg

25583_345514328517_191595178517_3430336_2502318_n.jpg

25583_345514358517_191595178517_3430338_4146963_n.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Well-done, Daphne!

That looks like a dream studio, with its view of the woods. And such nice company you keep in there!

Becky

Moo Posts: 26

Louise if you think your place is a mess, you really should see mine, I say should, but you won't because I refuse to take piccies  :redface:

Your lil furry supervisor looks so sweet and sleepy!

I currently have major workspace envy going on hehehe You all have such lovely rooms!

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

Daphne, I love your studio!!   bear_wub   So big!  Makes me want to do more organizing, LOL!  Your mohair stash makes me drool!! 

Louise, your space is great!!  I love your little elephants and your little helper!!  bear_wub

:hug:
*Jeannette

Board footer