Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I received an invitation, but I was wondering how ethical it was to use another similar site's mailing list to encourage people to join.  I haven't time to check it out now, but may do so later in the week.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
Daphne wrote:

I do think it's a very well formatted, visually appealing, easy to navigate site and those who become members will certainly enjoy surfing there.

Darren, my invite seems to be lost too! bear_tongue

I'm not keen on "invitation only" type sites in the bear community... very cliquey! I missed the part about it being invitation only.
Yes, why not get on the forums Lanie participates on? Maybe because they want to only invite the people they want as members? Not put out an open invitation.

With so many other teddy bear sites out there I'm sure there's a place for everyone! There's so many that I have a hard time keeping up. :rolleyes:

I don't think it is really invitation only.  I think that is where they started that way to get people to join.  The site says it is open to everyone, but the one criteria is that the bears be artist bears, not manufactured.  I have been asking questions and getting quick responses from Lanie and Darren.

They also asked that links be posted on web pages so that others could join.

sushi The Wild Things
Oer-Erkenschwick

Good to hear that it is reliable. So many fraud mail come to my mail account that I'm  totally mistrustful.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hmm, I'll probably join. I sent out my first ever message to my mailing list this week. I have a fairly large mailing list but have never had time to compose the kind of message I would feel comfortable sending my whole list. I should have done it sooner! I learned so much from the replies and 99% were positive and helpful replies. I have never even thought of being suspicious about teddy bear emails?! I get a small number of really obvious Nigerian emails etc. but it's easy to spot them. When I had a few people say they almost deleted my email thinking it was spam I realized that many internet people are very afraid of messages. I throw everything out there; my address, my phone #, email, but I get very few spams? Am I missing something?  bear_noexpression

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

Ya know KJ Lyons, I think you're not really missing anything.  My son is a big internet-er and says as long as you use common sense on the internet you're probably going to be alright.  Plus Firefox browser has a built in
notifier that lets you know if the site your trying to get on has been reported as malicious.  I'm out there a lot and like you get very few spams.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Well, I know I am ultra cautious - but I HAVE had tons of spam and a virus that I had to take my computer in to get fixed up, when I had my previous email address. With my new email address, and my hotmail one, I now rarely get any - but as the old saying goes, once bitten twice shy!
Anyway, I have gone ahead and joined Teddy Bear Artists and Friends and want to thank everyone for their info.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Edie, It may be my combination? I have a Mac/Apple computer, and use Foxfire and Safari, exclusively. In 20 years I have never had a virus and spammers seem to avoid us?!
Karen

Board footer