Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

OOO! so many cringe-worthy stories! (we don't have a shuddering smilie)

Do you know the questionaire you fill out when you donate blood? It asks if you have ever had "an accidental needle stick".  I always think, "Yeah, every day!"  :crackup:

For me the worst was when I was tugging a seven inch needle with a pair of plyers as I set the eyes in a large bear. I did have the presence of mind to aim the needle away from my torso and face as I tugged, but when the needle finally freed itself, I stabbed myself in the thigh. (I was sitting crosslegged in shorts on my floor.) It was only a pucture wound, but  to my shock the blood seemed to boil out of it and I threw the white bear head I was working on across the room to save it from staining! I ended up with a bruise on my thight the size of my open hand.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Kelly and Tami OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!
I couldn't imagine having to dig around in there Kelly, I think I would have fainted, keeled over and done even more damage with the knife!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I am forever stabbing myself. Sometimes I make holes in my nails where i've tried to push it through and it's just got through the nail instead. bear_ermm

I also loose needles everywhere and often find them embeded in the sole of my foot.  bear_whistle  I was sewing leather once, with a leather needle and it could not push through. I wrecked the skin on my fingers, pliers kept slipping - so what did I do?

Used my teeth  bear_whistle

The result was two chipped teeth; one of my two front middle big ones, and the small one underneath. The dentist fixed the big one, so you can't tell. The bottom one, however has a needle shaped dip in it, permanent. As a reminder not to use your teeth when trying to sew  bear_rolleyes  Less painful but more permanent.

artbyrjandreae artbyrjandreae
Johannesburg, California

This is the ouch thread! I just kringe reading all of the posts. But you know we suffer for our art! I like to needle felt while waiting for things to load on my computer. One day I put my needle felting pen containing three needles in my mouth so I could type. It slipped out of my mouth and stabbed me in the stomache with all three needles. Did that teach me not to slouch while typing or not to put the pen in my mouth? NO! I did the same thing again twice. The last time they were sticking all most straight up. I've given up playing darts with my tummy and don't put the pen in my mouth anymore. But I still slouch while typing. :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

Pages:

Board footer