Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi guys.

We are so excited to let you know we are getting a new puppy. HE is a small chihuahua who will be about 4 pounds fully grown. We wont receive him until towards the end of April but we are looking for the perfect name. Not sure why he is photograph was taken on a pink blanket but he is a boy. This little guy is 5 weeks old in this picture.

This wee fellow will be a little brother to Lily our miniature dauchund.

Our-Puppy12.jpg

lily20.jpg

Thanks guys for all the help!

Hugs Louise and Garnet

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I think such a little guy needs a big name.  I'm sure he will be a little big man.   bear_grin Most of these tiny dogs don't realize their size.  I have 3 big dogs and a yorkie.  The yorkie thinks she is the same size as the big dogs.  They do humor her and lay down to make her think she's winning the wrestling match.

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

Wow, he is so sweeeeet, the little guy.  He will be have it good with sister Lily.   
Are you searching for an english name or foreing name?

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hmmmm what about "Tornado" he's going to be a whirl wind of activity when you get him. Just going and going, he'll be a little storm for sure. He's adorable , I am so happy that you are getting a little brother for Lily. Can't wait to see what the other names are.

big hugs

Shane

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

How about Alphabit? Alfie for short - and cos he's just a little bit of a dog bear_original (and also cos Chihuahuas can be pretty alpha!)

Cheers

Brenda

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub what a sweetheart, I love the brown and white blend.
I would name him Odie, as I had a cat named Garfield, and always wanted a dog to name Odie.  So thats my choice, good luck with that sweetheart, and we have a lily in the family also, a Boston Terrier, black & white.
Hugs Pat

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

How about Floyd, as in "Pretty Boy Floyd"!  He looks like a scrapper o me LOL!  What a darling little fella!

Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh you guys! I love it!

I agree with giving this little guy a big name Millie. He is going to be so tiny it will suit him. We are not looking any particular name such as an English name but I do find Garnet a bit picky with the names I have come up with so far.  Between you and me, this man likes names like Spot and Sparky. Oh my gosh, thats why I enlisting your help. Yikes!

Shane Tornado is adorable and now you have me worried about What Have Gotten Our Selves Into! Ha Ha Ha. Brenda, I love the name Alfie, he is the runt of the litter and to this point the quiet one in the bunch. Lily will be bossing him around I am sure. I also love the name Odie too Pat. We had a cat years ago we named Odie and she lived to the age of 18. Her little sisters name was Magoo. Hah Ha Brenda! Floyd is adorable as he looks like a scapper for sure!

Thanks so much guys, we have started a list.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

He is absolutely adorable!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

As a person who is ruled and owned by two chihuahuas I always feel that they need two names.  That way when they are silly or steal something you can say "Bessie Buttons did you steal that?"  Or "Miette Minerva Monroe you are such a silly monkey!" 

My tri-color Bessie started out with Bessie Buttons but when I got my little black one I had to hurry up and name her because she needed to get to the vet right away so I named her Miette.  That is French for something small and precious.  Somewhere along the way she ended up with Minerva Monroe being added to that.  She will tell you that is her stage name.  bear_rolleyes

The first chihuahua I ever had was with an ex-boyfriend and I named him Paul Bunyan.  It fit him because he had no idea that he wasn't 12 foot tall.  So they need names as big as their personalities if you ask this chihuahua lover!

Whatever you name him he will be pure love and joy and the funniest comedian you have ever seen perform!

Enjoy!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bandy - short for Bandito.  Jester - looks as if he could be a bit of clown.  Rowdy - he might be when he gets a little bigger.  Scrappy - little, but tough. 

He'll make a nice companion for Lily  . . . both are sooooo cute!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

What a gorgeous little baby!  bear_wub I have a parti coloured little girl who is a teeny one ; she is called Delphi .
I think your new little chap looks like a "Buster" - or if he's a little quiet in temperament a "Beau". You're guaranteed to wonder how you ever got on
without him after the first 10 minutes .... and so will your beautiful little Lily  bear_happy
Lucky All of You !

Chihuahua Hugs ,
Ruth

Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe! Thanks Lisa Sue Ann and Ruth. Awesome suggestions. We cannot wait to get this little fellow and see how Lily loves having a friend to play with.

Hugs Louise

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

How about Patch?  He's covered in patches and your husband might like it!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

He looks like a "BREWSTER" to me.
Best of luck with your new puppy. :)
I have a feeling he's going to be a little pistol! bear_wub  bear_wub

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hey Louise, I just happened to run across this today and thought of you, I was looking for something else and stumbled onto this .

Ciro: This short masculine Mexican Chihuahua name means “the sun† or “sol†. Your boy companion canine will certain become the sunshine of your life as together you play, romp, walk, and cuddle daily.

I thought it would be perfect as you know he is going to be the sunshine of your life and will hopefully be the sunshine in Lilies life too.

hugs

Shane

Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe thanks guys. Shane you may be on to something here!

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Oh what a little sweetie  bear_wub  I've also got a Lily but mine is an Amy and she is a solid red/tan. I've sat here looking at this little guy and the names that popped into my head straight away were.....Punk, Zeus, Dino and Buster  bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Aren't chihuahua's adorable?!!  Your little baby is beautiful!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  How are you going to choose between all the great names suggested?  bear_whistle I don't have a suggestion yet, but if I come up with one I'll post it.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Louise congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He is simply adorable  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   If I was only able to have one dog.. it would be my sweet Chihuahua Sequoya.  I was never a small dog person until her.  She's the light of my life!!!  You will just love this little boy  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

As for names... I love surfing thru Petfinder.com.  There are some great names there!  Just be careful you don't add another to your family LOL!!  That's where I found Sequoya  bear_grin   I mean HER, not her name LOL!

Tofield Alberta Canada

You guys are great! Thank you all for some excellent ideas. The list is going and once we get closer my family is going to sit down and start widdling it down to one.

We always had big dogs too. I loved my big girls more than anything and Lily is our first wee baby. We love and adore her and think she would love a little friend she can play with and of course knowing her, boss around. I think she will take on a Mommy role with this little man.

Thanks again guys!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

"Nipper!"  He definitely looks like a "Nipper!"

The little dog that was seen looking into the bell of a gramophone in the old RCA radio logo was named Nipper.

nipper1.jpg

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Louise, he is adorable!!! I 'll bet that you can't wait to bring him home. I don't have any suggestions for a name but I am sure that he will run the household even if he turns out to be a  Spot or Sparky  bear_grin  bear_grin

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

he is so cute how about 'Nanu' this is spanish for miniature without sounding a small name or 'Frodo'

good luck a bet you cant wait!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I'm so glad  you are getting a new puppy! Congratulations. I like Sue Annes name Bandito or Bandit. He has that bandit mask doesn't he? If you want more suggestions, how about the name Augustus (Gus, Gus for short). I had a Carine Terrier named Augustus Pegasis and we called him Gus as a nick name.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

If you remember the old 1960's vintage cartoon series, "Jonny Quest" the little dog's name was "Bandit."  :)

johnny-quest.jpg

Board footer