Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Some of you have noticed that I have recently started posting here on Teddy Talk again after a long absence. (Hi, everyone! bear_smile ) I am so happy to be back and to see all the fabulous bears and critters you are all creating, find out what's happening in your lives, chat with you, and just enjoy immersing myself in teddy bears again. :dance:

So, where have I been, you might ask? Well, my husband and I were working very long and hard to be able to adopt our daughters from Ukraine. It was quite a process. The stateside portion of an adoption is long and involved, but the stay in country was long, too: we were in Ukraine for a total of eight weeks! bear_wacko But, what a beautiful country and such nice people! We came home July 8, 2009, with our two 14-year-old daughters (they are best friends, not biological sisters). Here's a picture of them at Christmas:

12-25-09_girlssm.jpg

Now that we have all settled in, bear_laugh I suddenly had a strong desire to begin creating my bears again. Of course, I have to laugh at myself a bit, since I'm so extremely busy now, but I can't help but want to get back into the fur and fluff, even if it's only for a few hours a week. Creating really makes me happy, and our transition hasn't been exactly smooth...so I have found that I need something that I can enjoy, whether things here are going well or are a little rocky. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs an escape of sorts, and teddy bears are sure a great one! bear_thumb

And so, all that to say, I am very glad to be back on Teddy Talk with you all, and I have a little bear sitting here on my desk pleading with me to finish her up. Maybe this weekend? bear_smile

Happy Easter and Spring to you all! Bear hugs from Colorado, :hug:
~Debora

P.S. If you'd like to see more about our adoption process, visit my blog (below) for a link to our adoption blog.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Beautiful girls, and I'm sure the bear will be too!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, that is so exciting, Debora! What delightful looking lovely girls! Congratulations to you all, and I am sure all the stress you've been through will be well worth it! Happy Easter!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I am so happy you were able to adopt!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Beautiful girls!  They are so fortunate to be placed in a loving family, and to now be not just best friends, but sisters  also.  Congratulations.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Congratulations for your family!  Being a mother of a teenage girl I can tell you that some days bear making is just what I need to escape the drama.  Glad to see you back,
Joanne

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Congratulations to you.  Your daughters are beautiful!

Hugs,
Alison

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Congratulations!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Your girls look so beautiful & happy.  It'll be great to see some of your bears again!   :hug:  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Your girls are very lovely and I'm so pleased that you were successful in bringing them to your home.

Website

Thank you so much, everyone! :hug: I so appreciate your comments and well wishes. They are very sweet girls, and most of the time, I'm glad God blessed us with them. bear_original

Being a mother of a teenage girl I can tell you that some days bear making is just what I need to escape the drama.

Joanne, that is it!  bear_thumb bear_laugh  There are definitely good times, for which I am so thankful, but the drama! bear_wacko

And I'm so happy to be back to making bears. Thank you for your encouraging comments, Katy and Melisa! The other day, I brought out a very old (c. 1996) unfinished plush bear who just needs to be jointed and have her ears attached. My younger daughter decided she really wanted to finish this bear, so she worked on closing the seams on the limbs and closing up the bottom of the ears in preparation for sewing them on. It was so cute to see how proud she was of getting the limbs and the ears ready. She said, "I never thought I would make a bear!" bear_wub Of course, this is only the first step...I would love to help her make her very own from scratch, not just one I started but never finished.  bear_happy

Sooooo glad to be back! bear_smile

~Debora

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Congratulations on being a family nothing is more important I too have a teenage daughter (14) and know too well about the drama side but the loving side is fantastic  bear_wub  bear_wub

Raewyn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Debora, bear_flower

So glad to see you back here at TT.
I am so happy that you and Garth have been able to bring your lovely daughters home with you.

Happy Easter
Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Website

Thank you, Raewyn and Carolyn! bear_flower And Happy Easter to you! We had a great day yesterday at church and then with family. It was the girls' first American Easter! :dance:  Great weather, food, fun... Hope you all enjoyed your day, too. bear_smile

:hug:
~Debora

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Welcome back Debora.  bear_original
After what you have been through bear making may be just what you need.
I too am an adoptive Mother of a beautiful 21 year old daughter. We have had Rebecca since she was 7 days old. The adoption took years. Lots of drama as we are White and she is Black. Crazy how professional adoption workers fought us tooth and nail and tried to keep us from getting her. Not like there was a waiting list of parents wanting a drug baby severely addicted with God only knew what kind of brain damage and physical problems were in store for her.!
My hat is off to you for adopting children many would not.
My best to you and your family. bear_original

Website

Cyndee, bless your heart! :hug: I am so glad to meet you and to hear your story. Your daughter is indeed blessed, as I am sure you and your husband are. bear_wub I love to hear stories of how families come together and the blessings that result!

Big hugs to you from Colorado (from a native Southern Californian), :hug:
Debora

Board footer