Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

puca bears puca bears

Lilyhope-2.jpg
This has to be the best photo - taken Tuesday, by Sue Mansfield of the NABC............the day Lily finally decided it was time to leave the den and venture forth with her baby, Hope. Lily looks like she is revelling  in being able to STRETCH out while wee Hope looks somewhat bemused.  Fare Well, both of  you -  really going to miss watching you on the den cam...............
huggies
Maria

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

It's been great fun and a privilege to see Lily go through the end of her pregnancy and then to give birth to her beautiful baby daughter Hope.
I have not spent as much time watching as you have Maria, but even the time I did visit I rarely failed to see something worth watch. Thanks for the link to the Lily Cam.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting this lovely picture of Lily and Hope. It's great to see them out of their den and looking so happy together!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Isn't that a really cool photo?!  As Sue M. said it, "Lily being silly".  I still go back to the site to get updates and hope they will continue to post pictures as they get them.  I'm not doing too well in my withdrawal.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

puca bears puca bears

Me too, Sue Ann...still feeling rather bereft bear_cry ..........but I conjured up  such a fun picture today...........
If bear were less solitary critters..........since they all give birth at more or less the same time , wouldn't it be cool if they had "mother and toddller groups"??????? I can almost see the Mums sitting round swapping den and birthing tales - Lily with  "all those weeks stuck with a screaming cub and only a spider for company! And of course they'd be vying with each other - "oh, MY little lad was walking at six weeks".........and then  all the "play NICELY you lot"..........
yes - I'm totally cracking up, but the idea does make me smile!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
huggies
Maria

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Love your imagination, Maria!  Yeah, the group is enjoying their little "den party" and up comes Doc Rogers with refreshments . . . grapes and nuts.  "It's me, bears."  He tightens any collars that need it, checks heart rates and bids them goodbye.  The ladies go on and on about how nice 'grape-nut' man is.  All of a sudden Hope starts screaming her head off - Lily lumbers over to see what's wrong going 'ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,' and finds Charlotte, Edwood, Speedy, Lacey, Ringo, Dencam, Microphone, etc. harassing poor little Hope.  Well - it doesn't take Lily very long to dispose of the annoying threat to her baby and she goes back to the mom's group, reminding Hope to practice climbing the white pine tree.

puca bears puca bears

We're definitely on the same wave-length, Sue Ann.........or both at the same level of lunacy?  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
huggies
Maria

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Great picture Maria.
I too am sad to see them go. bear_cry
I feel very fortunate to have been able to watch and I only hope that they remain safe on their way out into the big world. bear_original

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

AWWW I love that image, just so sweet, what a special family  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

That is my most favorite picture and has been my laptop wallpaper for a few days now! Sue keeps posting more great photos too.

And this is by no means "Farewell"! Gosh, there will be so many more updates, photos and videos. And BBC documentaries!!! And just think of all we can get accomplished in a day now that we aren't glued to our monitors and head phones listening to Hope nurse and scream. Well, OK, I'm gonna miss that but I have ring-tones! LOL!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

great pic, thanks for sharing
cat xxx

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub what a great experience we all shared and the thoughts of the two of them now with a group of other den mothers and cubs makes a wonderful image.
I was so fortunate to be able to enjoy this mother and cub.  Lets hope things go well for Hope and Lily out in the big world.

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Life has been a little hetic lately.  But so happy to see little Hope.   Thank you for sharing the sweet picture. bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Many thanks, Maria for sharing this sweet photo.
Lovely and happy bond.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer