Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Vicki Posts: 99

bear-white-6a.jpgbear-white-3a.jpgbear-white-1a.jpgHi Everyone!  Meet Leo...the very first bear I designed myself, and the second bear I ever made (the first bear I used a pattern to make).  His name is Leo simply because he turned out sort of 1/2 bear and 1/2 lion.  bear_rolleyes

I needle felted his paws, face, and nose because I love the detail that can come out (very time consuming though!).  Boy, his fur was TRICKY!! It's sooooo long, but I actually rather like the look.  It took me quite a while to actually design the pattern pieces.  I had to scrap it a few times because once his legs were way too skinny, and then the gusset wasn't wide enough.  Anyway, I'm very pleased with how he turned out & I hope you like him!

Thanks for taking a peek.  bear_flower
~Vicki

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Leo is lovely!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I really like his proportions, and the needle felting is fabulous!

(Plus, I think we've always needed a 1/2 bear 1/2 lion in the world.  bear_original )

Becky

aeminiatures AE Miniatures
H-I-Ambacht, the Netherlands
Website

You did a great job, Vicky! I really like the combination of his fur and the felted hands and feet. Also a nice face, good expressions. And this is your second bear ever and your first own design??? Makes me look forward to bears yet to come   bear_grin

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

You've hit on a very nice and unique look there Vicki...you should be very pleased ..Leo is a great bear! :clap:  :clap:

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Great looking bear  :clap:   I really like him.

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

His feet are just too cute!
Diana

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Aww, he's so sweet! Fabulous first design.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Wow!  Only the second bear you've ever made!   bear_thumb I'm very impressed with your handiwork and for your first ever design you've put a lot of detail into him - well done  :clap:  :clap:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a fab bear, he looks such a happy chappy  bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Awwww indeed, Vicky !
You made a very lovely bear.   bear_wub  I especially like his gentle expression and the very cute paws and footpads.  bear_thumb

You can very proud of Leo !  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Fantastic, Vicky! bear_thumb He's very cute!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Leo is beautiful!  bear_wub  bear_wub  You've done a wonderful job creating your first design!  :clap:  Long fur can be a pain to work with, but it sure is worth the effort!   bear_thumb

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Leo's lovely!  That fur complements the face and the whole picture is balanced.  Well done!  You're hooked now .....

Sue

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Wow he's fab  bear_wub  Love his facial expression and those paws  bear_thumb

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub WOW, Vicki, that is great, I wish I could needle felt, I have the stuff to do it but never find the time.  Someday perhaps.  But your Leo is great for a first design, looks like a 100 design, he is simply perfect.  I see what you mean about the long fur, but that makes his personality.
Thanx for sharing.
Hugs Pat
PS, still working on my swap bear, coming along nicely.

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Beautiful!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Oh WOW!!  Thanks soooooo much everyone for the wonderful comments!!  I'm so sorry I haven't been on sooner to thank everyone, we were out our computer for almost a week and I've had to play catch up since.  Where's the icon for pulling out my hair???? bear_angry

At any rate, it was soooo nice to get on here and read all the fabulous comments, I loved them all!!   bear_wub
~Vicki

everythingcrafty Posts: 277

He's a wonderful bear, and a great design.

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

Your first desing?  Great work.  Totally lovely face bear_thumb   bear_wub

Karon Posts: 751

Oh Wow vicky

Leo is gorgeous. Love, love, love him.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, you did a fabulous job, Vicki! Incredible that he is only your second bear and first design - you'd never guess to look at him!

Awww, thanks so much for the lovely comments..it means alot!!!  bear_flower

~Vicki

Board footer