Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

TreacleBears Treacle Bears

mychild.jpgI know this is on a completely different subject.
But I am looking for a My Child Doll.... I hope a lot of you know what one of these are...
If anyone has got one tucked away somewhere and is unwanted I would be interested in her.
Hope to hear from you....
Nicky

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

Hi Nicky,

It's funny that you brought this up!  I was just looking on E-bay not too long ago for these same dolls and I couldn't believe the prices they were going for!  I collect old toys from when I was a kid and I still have the My Child doll that I got for Christmas when I was little  bear_original   She sits on a shelf in my bedroom with my Hugga Bunch dolls, a little Popple and a couple of others, do you remember those? 
Anyway, just thought I would share.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who remembers.   bear_thumb

:hug:
*Jeannette

my sisters where bought one each when they were little... and also cabbage patch kids!  I was a little bit too old for a My Child then - but I want one now!  The thing is the two that my sisters were bought I know are up in my Mums loft but aparently they still want them! doh! 
I might have to do some persuading to my sisters that they dont want them anymore and give them to me to customise!!!!!
the one I have pictured above is what someone has customised and they want a lot of money for her! 
I want one to sit with my Treacle Bears... look cute and perhaps bring her out to fairs to sit with my bears as well.......... I think it would be a gorgeous touch!

New Carlisle, IN

That would look nice with your bears!  Your bears are adorable!!  Good luck with your hunt.  I will keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I see any.

:hug:
*Jeannette

thanks Jeanette, although Elanor of Shantock bears has emailed me to say that she has got one up in her loft!!!
Isn't she a star!
x

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

My-Child-smll.jpgI've got one of those  bear_happy  She was bought in 1994 ish , and has honestly never been out of the outer box until
this photo was taken !!! Poor thing was stored under my son's bed for years - but now she's come out
I've fallen in love with her all over again !!  :lol:

Dolly Hugs , Ruth

oh my gosh!!!!! I am so jealous - she is lovely!!!!!  one of the dolls my sister has got (and wont part with) is the lavender version with slightly longer pig tails! 
You have got a stunning doll there and as she is still in pristine condition and boxed she would go for a fortune on ebay!
xxx

New Carlisle, IN

I agree, she is lovely!!  I saw one on e-bay a while back, still brand new in the box go for over $700!  You are one luck lady!

*Jeannette

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Good luck with your search!  I had a dark haired one as a child but I sold her on ebay about 8 years ago (regret it now of course!)  I have a small collection of cabbage patch dolls but I'm interested to get a few My Childs too.

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi ladies,

I must admit I didn't realise she'd be "worth" something one day - d'uh  bear_happy
Now I'm not sure whether to give her a name , and some love and out-of-the-box-time , or pack her away again !!!!

(They were on a special half price offer when I bought her - and one for my niece - and I kept her because...... well, ask a mother of 3 sons !!!  bear_grin  :crackup: )

Mini Hugs , Ruthx

Well Ruth, I think you should give her some love and put her on a nice little shelf somewhere (out of the sun of course and a little bit protected)....... but you are very, very lucky to have kept her in the box and pristine....

I have actually found a My Child Doll now, another bear artist has contacted me and we are going to do a swap.  One of my bears for her ickle doll!  All thanks to this wonderful forum and you guys!  I am so excited cant wait to get her!

xxx

Board footer