Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

ttjoli.jpgJoli is a new design for me - her head is made of 12 pcs. sewn and blended together to give her a nice round kitty head (like my Himalayan, Shaydee)!   She is currently on eBay and is listed for 5 days.
Thanks so much for peeking in on her!
Hugs,
Janice

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

12 pieces in her head?  Good grief, you are a much better woman than I!  She is great anyway

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Or I'm much worse!   I wanted to get it round and after trying darts on 2 other heads, I decided that the only way I could get the look I really wanted was to piece it! I threw away 2 other heads and finally liked this one!
Hugs,
Janice

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Such beautiful eyes! Joli is very pretty indeed!

Becky

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Thank you so much for the compliment on Joli, Becky!
Hugs,
Janice

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Gorgeous - well done  :clap:

Hugs

Lisa x

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Janice, Love your cat's face and cute body, you're quicker than me! It took me almost 6 months to get my cat head down. And, yes, it took 12 pieces. I think that's the minimum you can get away with for a realistic cat head bear_rolleyes A realistic body is 19 pieces for me but that includes a double neck joint that uses 4 pieces of fur. The problem is once you get used to complicated patterns it's hard to go back to the less complicated designs. You always want to create more curves and subtle shapes  bear_grin

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Thank you so much Lisa & Karen!  Karen, thank you for letting me know you use 12 pcs. as well!  I still need to tweak the design if I want her to be realistic - I just wanted her face to be round!   Gee, I hope I don't get more complicated than this as it took me countless hours on this one!   I can really see how your kitties take you months to design because they are so wonderfully amazing!
Hugs,
Janice

Citico Ridge Bears Citico Ridge Bears
Michigan
Website

Janice, she is stunning. I love the way you put her together with her antique appeal..... she is amazing! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Thank you so much for your kind comments, Heidi   bear_original   I love antique baby clothes and had a lot of fun finding shoes to fit this little kitty!
Hugs,
Janice

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

She is beautiful janice, incredible to think of working with 12 pieces in a head, but the outcome is amazing :clap:  :clap:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Thank you so much for your kind compliment, Carol!
Hugs,
Janice

Board footer