Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

Hello again-
   So sorry about all the posts on tips and techniques.  I'm sewing up my first big bear and am trying a lot of new things.  One new thing I would like to try is eyelids.  I have an idea of how I want to install them, however, I have a small space where the bottom eyelid would go, where the eye isn't flush with the fabric.  This is going to result in my leather cording slipping behind the eye.  I've been reading previous postings on eye installation, and it sounds like needle sculpting would work, but when I tried my first stitch (to the base of the neck), the problem was still there.  Is there a better way to get the eye to go flush with the fabric.  I also thought about a couple of stitches between the eyes, but I think that would put them too close together.  Would it make a difference if I anchored them behind the ears?   Thanks again everyone!!

Shanna

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Did you set the eyes into the fabric?  I usually do tie them behind opposite ears...

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Are you still planning on cording the lower lids?

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

I had the eyes all set, but there was the gap.  I did pull them in to get them to sink into the head, but if I pull them anymore they will look too deep.  I do plan on using a lower lid.

Thanks
Shanna

Board footer